6 Nations

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Bananas, Jan 31, 2009.

?

Who will win the overall title?

Poll closed Feb 7, 2009.
  1. England

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. France

50.0%
  3. Ireland

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Italy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Scotland

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Wales

50.0%
  7. Dont know!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

One week to go before the big six Northern hemisphere rugby teams battles it out amongst themselves for the annual title.

Who do you think will win? (use poll)

Who are you supporting?

Any games you are looking forward to?

Where do you watch the games?

YouTube - rugby 2008 6 nations (PREVIEW!!)

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah I don't know, both England and France are strong as well as Wales, but I voted for France.

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Finally, something to watch on the telly.

I'm supporting France (surprise :rolleyes:) and I hope they win so I'm voting for them. Positive thoughts help, haha.

I'll be watching all French games. I would have preferred home advantage for the Italy and England matches. England, because they're a good team and having home game just adds to that. Italy, because some of the fans are usually annoying and holding it at home just increases the chance of having a majorly annoying crowd, haha.

I will most likely watch the other games (w/o France) too if I'm not too busy surfing GF. I think it would be fun if we can talk about it in real time, like at the chatroom. It would be like watching the games together.

Another option is, Bananas can come here on Feb 27 for the Wales France match. We can buy tickets together and see it. We may have the home advantage but Wales proved last year that it's a team to beat.

4. Bananas

Paris + Friday Night + Rugby + Ysabel (+Wales win!)= :banana:

Now there is an offer I wish I could fulfil......... if only I was not a poor arsed student too lazy to get a proper job then I'd be en-route to Saint Denis with a "GF was here!" placard and a grin from ear to ear.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I saw the banana smiley and I got excited. I thought you were indeed crossing the channel. I guess we'll have to settle with live chat during the match. I have this soft spot for Wales but I still want us to win. :lol:

6. Bananas

I really do wish I could go, if it were a Saturday afternoon and I did not have my road tax to pay at the end of the month then I would of seriously considered it. I have not been to Paris since 2006:( which seems like a very long time ago.

btw ysabel...my mother boarded a plane to Manilla earlier today, aint she lucky

You will be converted by the end of the tournament.:nod:

I know I am bias but I really think a Grand Slam is on for us (again!), we beat the Aussies in the Autumn friendlies and came close to taking a Boks scalp as well. Even NZ struggled for a while. Wales are just on form at the moment. The French squad are just too inexperienced, England are at a low and in a complete disarray, Scotland and Italy will always struggle and Ireland I just dont think they have the defence to stop us....better not say too much or I ll be eating my words.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I'm watching the Ireland - France game now....too early to call the game. Who won earlier?
    ------
    Damn, I don't think we're going to win this.... Oh well, at least we're not at home.

ETA: Good game. They were so near the line in the last minutes and could have tied the game. Anyway, yeah, Ireland won.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  8. Bananas

Ireland v France was an awesome game, thrilling back and fore rugby. I realy enjoyed it, I think Irealnd were the deserving better team, France played well but failed to find any real weakness in the Irish. It will be interesting to see how both teams develop through the championship.

England v Italy was entertaining, the quality of rugby was appauling but for a neutral it was fun to watch. I dont think either team will be a threat to any of the other teams contentions.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Entertaining? :lol:

As for I-F match, we've had some defensive errors too. I hope that gets fixed for our next games.

10. Bananas

It was terrible, Italy gifted England with 4 tries.

In fairness Italy did not play too badly considering they had a flanker playing at scrum-half:nod: and the score line would of been a lot closer had they fielded a full team.

England just played poor rugby, nowhere near to a national standard it resembled the under 9's Sunday mini-league where they all scramble for the ball.

Ireland worked your defensive errors well, that was the only thing I could distinguish between the two teams. France looked a little inexperienced at reading the field but they are a young team, they have a big future thats for sure.

Im now looking forward to the rest of the French and Irish games.