Ireland v Wales – Croke Park 14:30

Scotland v England - Murrayfield 17:00

Sunday, 14 March

France v Italy - Stade de France 14:30

Saturday, 20 March

Wales v Italy - Millennium Stadium 14:30

Ireland v Scotland – Croke Park 17:00

France v England - Stade de France 19:45
The bookies are touting France as pre-tourney favourites with odds of around 6/4
Ireland are close behind at 2/1
England 4/1
Wales 5/1
Scotland with a remote chance at 20/1
....and poor Italy as the usual no hopers with 200/1

Despite what the bookies say I cant really distinguish much between the top 4 teams. Ireland probably have the most confident, steadfast and robust team doing very well at club level recently... but when France are good they are simply fantastic though Im wondering (and hoping) if a Friday night in Cardiff might give them the jitters, whatever the result there will be a fantastic atmosphere. As for Wales and England both are capable of causing an upset and until the first game has passed both remain very much unknown quantities. Scotland are going to struggle and Italy will be looking for a scalp. The battle to avoid the wooden spoon might be a good contest in itself.

Thoughts & predictions?

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Bread of heaven, bread of heaven, feed me till I want no more!! Feeeed me till I waaant noooo mooooore!!

Naturally, I'll be rooting for Wales to win. ;) After them, I guess Scotland or Ireland would be my preference. Maybe we should do the bookies again this year. :lol:

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Wow. That really is kickass. I haven't seen that one yet, in fact I haven't seen any ads for it yet, but I'm excited! There should be some really great games.

Bananas

Endangered Species
results so far;

Ireland 29 - 11 Italy
England 30 - 17 Wales
Scotland 9 - 18 France

Ireland vs Italy must of been the dullest game in the history of rugby, it was so slow paced, Italy lacked the usual passion and Ireland seemed to lack flare.

England vs Wales, a good first match for both teams only spoilt by an idiotic sinbin that would seperate the teams. Wales looked very strong in attack and defence but were abysmal at everything inbetween, whilst England proved determined as ever and read the game well capitalising on Wales weakness.

Scotland vs France I missed.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'm here!!!

I made it finally. Haha.

I haven't seen Scotland/France game because I was watching a movie last Sunday. :lol:

When I heard this restarted, I remembered last year with our bets and chaos the bookie, hahaha.

Of course i'll be rooting for France. The France/Ireland match will be interesting. It's going to be here and you know how the Irish hate France right now ever since the WC eliminations. :)

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Ok, FRANCE IRELAND tomorrow! I'm psyched. I'm going to see the game at a pub with my friends. And no, we'll not be choosing O'Sullivans :rofl:. I'm sure there'll be a lot of Irish walking around Paris tomorrow. I need a blue shirt!

Bananas

Endangered Species
I have good faith in les bleus tomorrow. Even though its being touted as the game of the tournament I think you will have a convincing win.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Really? I thought Ireland is the toughest competitor here. I really hope it'll be a win. It's the first time I'm watching the game outside of my house. Well, not including those WC games at my relative's house a couple of years ago. I mean out like in a bar with other fans. It would be nice to have a "win" for the party ambiance.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Watched it in a very crowded English pub. The ambiance was excellent! For the first game, I was rooting for Wales coz of you two :lol:. I think if we win all games and if England wins theirs, it would make an exciting last game of ENG vs FR.