• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

6 dead in Quebec City mosque shooting

EdgeHead

Registered Member
The 2 suspects are in custody as the shooter himself called 911 to report the shooting, threatening to commit suicide. His accomplice was arrested nearby and he had an assault rifle (weapon of the crime) in his car. City police, provincial police & RCMP are now treating this as a terrorist attack. Unconfirmed yet but one of the two shooters could be a Muslim himself; his accomplice is a white man.

I was at a friend's house close to the shooting tonight to watch the Royal Rumble. My cousin lives right down the street from the shooting. One of his friends' uncle was one of the people injured in the shooting.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/30/quebec-mosque-shooting-canada-deaths

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
So sad, will be interested in why they felt the need to do this. Bigotry or were they Muslims themselves and didn't like this particular Mosque.

Wonder what happened to the third person involved in this?

Impaired

Registered Member
It was targeted before - a pig head left last year, I think.

However, if it is terrorism, it must be muslims, and they must have come from 1 of 7 countries.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Although not confirmed by the provincial police, there's only 1 suspect in this case, named Alexandre Bissonnette. The other man, Mohammed Khadir is only considered as a witness at the moment.

It was targeted before - a pig head left last year, I think.
Yes, indeed, it was. A few weeks later, right-winged extremists were handing out flyers in regards to that incident asking what was worse between a pig head and a genocide. But all extremist groups (if we can call it that way over here) have all distanced themselves from the terrorist attack and refuted they were part of it.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Seriously confused. According to TVA Nouvelles, he was also posting at a hate forum on 4-chan (planet thug) and was anti-feminist but he was shouting Allahu Akbar?
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/quebec-mosque-shooting-least-five-9719347

The police haven't established a motive but the politicians are connecting the dots and yelling Islamophobe. I also don't get why they make a distinction between a Muslim and a white dude. There are white dudes that are Muslims. It's religion not race.

Tbh, there's lots of possibilities out there - Revenge, Islamophobia, rival Muslim factions, etc. Only that dude really knows what his "point" was. Whatever. I seriously hope not too many people are seeing his "point", the extremism needs to stop.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Seriously confused. According to TVA Nouvelles, he was also posting at a hate forum on 4-chan (planet thug) and was anti-feminist but he was shouting Allahu Akbar?
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/quebec-mosque-shooting-least-five-9719347

The police haven't established a motive but the politicians are connecting the dots and yelling Islamophobe. I also don't get why they make a distinction between a Muslim and a white dude. There are white dudes that are Muslims. It's religion not race.

Tbh, there's lots of possibilities out there - Revenge, Islamophobia, rival Muslim factions, etc. Only that dude really knows what his "point" was. Whatever. I seriously hope not too many people are seeing his "point", the extremism needs to stop.
People that know him since his youth say that he was bullied most of his own life and other than his twin brother, they didn't see him with anyone else. Pretty much your typical unpopular nerd at school.

Which baffles me because I exactly was the unpopular nerd at school but I guess that my quirky love for pro wrestling made me standout enough not to turn into a sociopath.