• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

56 members of MS-13 gang charged

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
In all, 56 gang members were indicted on racketeering conspiracy charges, including charges related to murder, conspiracy to commit murder and attempted murder. Some are also charged with drug trafficking, firearm violations, immigration offenses and fraudulent document charges.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/56-members-of-ms-13-gang-charged-in-massachusetts/

I don't know why they aren't designated as a terrorist organization considering some of the things they do. Very violent group. Doubt this drop in the bucket will slow them down but a good start.

Thoughts?

Twitch

Registered Member
To be labeled as a terrorist organization you need to have some political aim, right?

Either way, reading through this made me a little nervous, being from MA and around those cities and towns. I was actually considering moving to Somerville at some point. I absolutely agree this will not slow them down, considering how many members the article claims the gang has.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
They are trying to destroy Mexico and other countries with their activities. Maybe it isn't their aim to bring them down but they sure are making things seriously bad in those countries. They also do many of the things ISIS does like chop off peoples heads, burn them alive. Sounds like terrorism to me.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
"The targeted Sinaloa cell has been responsible for the importation of millions of pounds of illegal drugs, including marijuana, heroin, cocaine and methamphetamine, into the United States from Mexico during its existence. The organization is also responsible for the smuggling of millions of dollars in U.S. currency, along with weapons, into Mexico," Christensen said in a statement.
Secretive U.S.-Mexico joint cross-border operation nets dozens of Sinaloa cartel members

Looks like the US is finally going after these drug gangs.

We brought Mexican Federal Police into the US to keep them safe while this was going on. I don't understand that.