• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

50 killed in Florida terrorist attack

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A gunman wielding an assault-type rifle and a handgun took hostages and opened fire inside a crowded Florida nightclub, killing approximately 20 people and wounding 42 others before dying in a gunfight with SWAT officers, police said Sunday.
Approximately 20 killed in Florida club shooting, gunman dead: Police

This is being investigated as an act of terrorism but its not clear if its foreign or domestic. The name of the shooter hasn't been released yet.

I feel so sorry for the people caught up in this.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is looking like a Islamist terrorist attack.

A suspected Islamic extremist wielding an assault rifle and a handgun has killed about 20 people after taking party-goers hostage inside a gay club in Orlando.

The gunman was carrying a suspicious device, possibly a suicide vest, when he opened fire on the dance floor inside Pulse in the early hours of this morning.
'Multiple casualties' confirmed at US gay club after gunman is killed

ISIS Cheers Orlando #Pulse Nightclub Massacre - Warns of More Attacks on Disbelievers

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Shooter reportedly worked as a security guard - where got firearms training.

This is awful. :(

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm running out of words for these shootings...one friend on Facebook said look for the people doing good in the aftermath, but it's hard not to just be consumed by rage and sadness during times like these.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He made a call to 911 and pledged his allegiance to IS, but I bet that's the first they heard of him. Of course they'll take credit, it's cheap publicity and good propaganda.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Nobody needs to own an AK-15 (or any other automatic or semi-automatic gun). Congress let the ban on that type of weapon expire in 2004 and had the chance to pass new legislation on it in 2012 and 2013 and refused to do so.

Like what the fuck?