• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

50 Dead, 400 Injured in Las Vegas Concert Shooting

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
One report, from BBC, said a witness said shooting went on for five minutes.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is some crazy shit. What is wrong with people. I feel so sorry for the victims.

MissMe

Registered Member
We are all watching the news at work and we are all in shock! This is horrible! The death toll keeps rising and I think that it will only get higher. I don't know how someone can do something like this.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
NBC reported he recently made "large gambling transactions."

EdgeHead

Registered Member
It stuns me that he was able to enter Mandalay Bay with 17 GUNS in his possession, thousands of ammo, scopes & tripods. Obviously, he sadly did his homework and had everything planned to a tee it seems.

It's also sickening that once again, both sides of the aisle are trying to exploit this tragedy for political gain. On one side, a CBS executive lost her job today - and righfully so - for claiming that those victims didn't deserve as much sympathy because they were "more than likely Republicans because they enjoy that kind of music" and also making reference to Sandy Hook in 2012. On the other, some GOP sympathizers (case in point, Alex Jones' tirade) blaming this on "Democrats & their islamic allies". Tragedy like Las Vegas has no political side whatsoever. It should be a time to reflect on how your country can act to prevent more tragedies like this.

And this is where the 45th President of the United States, the one who vowed to Make America Great Again, can come into play. So far, he has ZERO legislative accomplishment, for various reasons. Perhaps, this can change with this tragedy. It's time for gun aficionados to stop touting the Second Amendment left and right. More guns couldn't stop that psychopath. More guns isn't the solution. After his visit to Vegas on Wednesday, Trump should start working on legislation to finally settle that issue. He will gain way more respect from his detractors - myself included - if he could finally get this done. At one point, as a world leader, you need to stop catering to your fanbase, put them aside and do what's best for your country in its whole. He'd probably lose several voters in his fanbase but who knows how many who didn't vote for him would switch sides if he could pass gun control legislation.

I know that it probably won't happen but I just want your country to have a leader that they could be proud of. And he has a chance to make it happen. Let's see if he'll listen to common sense rather than lobbies.

MiketheGrinder

Registered Member
It's not safe to go where there will be a crowd of people. Not school, not the mall, not a ball game, not a race, not church, not a concert. Do you think the violence might die down if it wasn't covered in the news?

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Well, if it isn't covered in the news, that implies that you no matter care about psychopaths like Stephen Paddock doing what he did and you reduce this to just a casual thing. Mass shootings aren't supposed to be a casual thing. In an ideal world, they would be inexistent. Instead, draw more attention to lobbies like the NRA who are dehumanizing this whole thing for the sake of the Second Amendment. They're the real problem in your country.

Sophia

Registered Member
Oh dear Edgehead.. You're one of those who thinks that by getting rid of all the guns, the shootings will then stop. I happen to be on the opposite side of the fence and believe the person did the shooting, not the gun. I know that's a cliché in today's world but it is the truth.