• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

5-year-old Flies Aircraft

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
For most 5-year-olds, September brings the first day of kindergarten — not the first time they've glided into record books.

But Duo Duo of China did just that when he successfully piloted an ultralight aircraft almost a thousand feet above the outskirts of Beijing, in a bid to become the world's youngest solo pilot.
If I were five years old and piloting an ultralight, I'd be frightened to death or worse. From this article I'm reading, I just don't know what to say about this. :shocked:

Extreme parenting: 'Eagle Dad' trains son, 5, to be world's youngest pilot - TODAY.com

Jim_Raynor

Registered Member
Wow!, flying a plane at 5? that is just awesome! I have always wanted to learn to fly, maybe someday i will end up being a pilot, but I just can't learn to be a pilot by 5, about 10 years to late haha. I can barely even remember anything from when i was five. Personally i wouldn't trust this kid to fly me around anywhere, I would be very frightened.