• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

5 Year Anniversary of Eddie Guerrero's Death

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
http://http://rajah.com/base/node/20763

This article pretty much sums everything up about Eddie's life and legacy. Was one of the most under rated guys in WCW and climbed to the top in the WWE. In this article it has the video of the most impactful match of his career. Brock Lesnar vs Eddie Guerrero for the WWE Title was the most impactful and the fondness memory that I had of Eddie. I remember all my friends telling me that he was not going to win, needless to say not only did I win $40 that day, but I saw somebody getting what he deserved. He will be remembered as one of the best wrestlers of our generation and possibly for the next generation.

What are your thoughts of Eddie 5 years later?

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I can't believe it's already been five years since his passing. I remember when I read about his death, I was in total shock. I won't lie, I got pretty emotional during his tribute on Raw.

That said, I was never a huge fan of Eddie Guerrero, I came to appreciate him more after his passing. I watched a lot of his matches, and realized that he was pretty darn talented both in the ring and on the stick. I'm glad that he was able to win the World Title, something he worked most of his life to achieve.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Feels like yesterday that I was watching the press conference with Vince and Chavo by the ring. Such a sad loss.

I was a huge Guerrero fan; I started watching wrestling right around the birth of the nWo (a little before that) for the first time since I was a kid, and WCW had been the company that caught my eye first. Guerrero was really impressive throughout his career, and I was stoked to see him win the title and get the respect that he deserved. I was just thinking recently about him and Chavo as a tag team, it was so damn entertaining. Thinking of little things like his heel feud with Rey, his use of a loose boot to beat Angle at WM (loved that feud)...the business would have been a lot less exciting without Eddie in the picture.

Continue to RIP, holmes.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
His passing hit me pretty hard. I was a huge fan of his, I started watching him in WCW and he was my favorite cruiserweight. My buddy had matches of him wrestling in Japan and those matches were spectacular, better than his WWE Title match with Brock Lesnar.

I remember when I heard about his passing, I only ate a salad that day. I was very depressed and it was very hard to watch his tribute on Raw. It was unbelievable. I think the only thing I ate that day was a side salad. I was very sad.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
When Eddie Guerrero was on top of the world I feel like I didn't see a lot of it. I just didn't watch Smackdown that much. I remember on RAW his feud with RVD and his "relationship" with Chyna.

I've gotten a chance to see a ton of his matches since then and geez, there aren't that many wrestlers who are better then that guy was. A true pro who wanted to always put on a great show. I remember reading about his death on rajah.com and just staring at the title, Eddie Guerrero found dead, and not being able to move. Unbelievable that could happen. Can't believe it's been 5 years already...I'm sure he'd be very proud of his wife as well.