• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

5 kids plot to bomb school field trip.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Police have detained five New Jersey fifth-graders for allegedly plotting to attack a high school during a field trip.

Police say they brought a device to school and were planning on using it during a field trip to Clifton High School.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...students-detained-plotting-attack-school.html

They are starting young. Happy this wasn't a real bomb, this time anyway, glad they caught them before they really did figure out how to build one.

Thoughts?

EdgeHead

Registered Member
At their age, I was planning to use stink bombs, not real bombs. What the hell went wrong?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was hoping to hear more about why they did this. Were they in contact with someone on line trying to radicalize them that led to this or were they mad at someone at school?

At that age the last thing I was thinking of doing was blowing someone up. I was more interested in having fun than committing carnage.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I don't think this was a case of radicalization. Probably a case of older teens making fun of them and then deciding to get revenge on them. However, they were more than likely inspired by what happened in the past few weeks. I guess time will tell....

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Glad to hear this. Yet, with everything that's been happening in the past few weeks, I think it's only normal for authorities to be extra cautious in those situations.