• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

5 Imperial Gallons

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Or 48 pints. Or 5 American 12-packs.

That's how much beer I poured on some trees outside today.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
I'm surprised Smelnick didn't somehow sense and thereafter jump all over this. :dunno:

I've taken a foray into beer and winemaking. So yeah, technically I guess it wasn't really beer. Yet. It was half fermented wort, still in the primary fermenter; I agitated it a little too much and ended up cooking the yeast trying to keep it warm. Pretty much guaranteed it would come out as vinegar in a few days.

The good news is that I started another batch the same day (and the wine I started two weeks ago is just fine). In two weeks, I'll hopefully have 22 litres of beer for $20 and some effort. :nod:

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Why don't you go with a single-stage fermentation? The end product may emerge a little cloudier, but extra yeast in your diet will only give you B vitamins and keep the fleas away. Your asshole may be constantly raw and itchy, but that's a small price to pay for the convenience.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
The screw-up occurred about 24 hours after adding the yeast, so it wouldn't have made a difference to that batch --> Being a rural type, I've also got a large space detached from the house and tons of equipment I can borrow from my dad, so a second stage of fermentation isn't all that inconvenient here, apart from time. My dad even has three 5-gal. Cornelius kegs perfect for storage out back!