5 Imperial Gallons

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Or 48 pints. Or 5 American 12-packs.

That's how much beer I poured on some trees outside today.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
I'm surprised Smelnick didn't somehow sense and thereafter jump all over this. :dunno:

I've taken a foray into beer and winemaking. So yeah, technically I guess it wasn't really beer. Yet. It was half fermented wort, still in the primary fermenter; I agitated it a little too much and ended up cooking the yeast trying to keep it warm. Pretty much guaranteed it would come out as vinegar in a few days.

The good news is that I started another batch the same day (and the wine I started two weeks ago is just fine). In two weeks, I'll hopefully have 22 litres of beer for $20 and some effort. :nod:

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Why don't you go with a single-stage fermentation? The end product may emerge a little cloudier, but extra yeast in your diet will only give you B vitamins and keep the fleas away. Your asshole may be constantly raw and itchy, but that's a small price to pay for the convenience.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
The screw-up occurred about 24 hours after adding the yeast, so it wouldn't have made a difference to that batch --> Being a rural type, I've also got a large space detached from the house and tons of equipment I can borrow from my dad, so a second stage of fermentation isn't all that inconvenient here, apart from time. My dad even has three 5-gal. Cornelius kegs perfect for storage out back!