• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wii U 5 Games That Could Save the Wii U

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Rare was never third party. They started off as first party and then shifted to second party.

Most of Rare has moved on to other companies, anyway. A new Star Fox game would be fantastic but that doesn't look like it will be happening anytime soon.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I fell off Nintendo after the GameCube. I just flat out did not like the idea of playing with a remote instead of a controller.

I also do not like the small screen on the controller of the Wii U...but since you have the option of a controller without it, that's ok. I would definitely be interested in the console at the right price. At this point my priorities would be the other 2 consoles first.

dDave

V.I.P.
The remote function on the Wii is really the thing that got me. It's a cool feature but it wasn't perfected and a lot of people were uncomfortable with it.

The main thing that's really attracting me to the Wii U is the more traditional controls. The screen on the controller isn't necessary but it's an extra thing that's there if you want it. (the pro controller is so comfortable too.) I'll certainly give the gamepad a try, if I don't like the screen then I'll switch to the pro controller.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Dave, I have a question for you. Would you recommend the Wii U to someone who didn't really like the Wii? I used to own a Wii but never really got into it. I just found it not as fun as my other consoles and it ended up just collecting dust most of the time.

Is the WiiU a big enough improvement on the Wii that you think I would like it? Or since I didn't like the Wii is it safe to say I probably won't like this one either?

dDave

V.I.P.
I think Nintendo made a mistake putting the Wii name on this new console, it's not the same thing. Its fully backwards compatible with all Wii software and controllers but it doesnt require them. The console focuses a lot more on traditional controls with the added bonus of a touch screen should you prefer that a well. The console really is a giant Nintendo DS if you want it to be. The controller screen would act as the lower touch screen and your TV would act as the upper screen.

It comes down to whether or not you like the games Nintendo makes. In my opinion, most of what they have to offer that I can see is in their core franchises.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Hmm, well I already own a 3DS which I think covers the Nintendo side of gaming well enough for me. I probably won't be buying a WiiU anytime soon.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I think at this point it would take something very special for me to seriously consider getting a Wii U. Not even new Zelda games tempt me anymore. It would have to be a Zelda game done a certain way. No gimmicky gameplay features, darker, more mature, more challenging, etc. The direction the Zelda series took after Majora's Mask just doesn't interest me anymore. It kept trying to appeal to younger generations instead of growing with the fans of the series who got older.

Metroid would have to go back to the formula that made the original Metroid Prime such a great game. If Retro made another Metroid game like Prime I would be all over it.

I think I've just outgrown Nintendo though. Their stuff just isn't geared towards my demographic anymore. Sometimes I enjoy playing games that aren't appropriate for kids or families, and Nintendo doesn't offer much of that.

Konshentz

Konshentz
The only Nintendo series I'm interest in are Paper Mario, Mario Kart & Mario Party. And even those wouldn't be enough for me to shell out $300+ on a system that would be frequently pushed to the side for the PS4, and if I ever get it, the Xbox One.

dDave

V.I.P.
The only Nintendo series I'm interest in are Paper Mario, Mario Kart & Mario Party. And even those wouldn't be enough for me to shell out $300+ on a system that would be frequently pushed to the side for the PS4, and if I ever get it, the Xbox One.
This is certainly one thing that Nintendo needs to take care of in my view. The very fact that people have thoughts that they would push the Nintendo console aside to make way for the PS4 or XBOX One. I understand people having preferences, but Nintendo isn't taken seriously anymore like they used to be.

When the rest of the 8th gen consoles hit the shelves, I think Nintendo is going to drop their price. They kind of have to in order to compete, don't they?

Taliesin

Registered Member
Well, they'll soon be dropping the price by $50 in the US. You can read about that here. Whether or not it'll help is just something we'll have to wait and see.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dDave Video Games 0
ysabel Movies & TV 2
ysabel Video Games 6
dDave Video Games 6
dDave Video Games 10