• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

5 course meal vs Pub food

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
What's your preference and why? PS, you're not preparing it so don't let that influence your decision

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Dickey's Flow said:
What's your preference and why? PS, you're not preparing it so don't let that influence your decision
I like them both for certain reasons. But to shamelessly use psychology terms, I'm probably classically conditioned to like pub food more. I say that because usually when I'm enjoying pub food, I'm either watching sports or I'm spending time relaxing with friends. If I'm enjoying a 5 course meal, then usually the atmosphere is a little more serious.

But when it comes to the food itself, I'd say I'm 55-60% more pub food than 5 course meal.

Sabby

Agree 100% with BJbirdy. both meals are fantastic but for different reasons. If I was rich though, I'd lean more to the fancier, 5 course stuf. But either choice is a winner

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I'd rather have wings, poutine and Nachos ect over steak, roasted potatoes and vegetables any day of the week. I just enjoy it more even if it occurs at home with my family at 5 o'clock.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I love a five course meal, but I also love pub food.

If I'm going to a restaurant and I have to choose between the two, I think I'll go with Pub food. I just prefer it because of the atmosphere, the environment and the beers on tap.

willge87

Registered Member
What sort of five-course meal are we talking about here? Here's a sampling of the menu I got on my cruise in December:

Shrimp Cocktail
Caesar Salad
Steak, Mashed Potatoes and Lobster Tail
A desert

I'd take this probably more often than not over pub food, that is if it didn't cause any weight gain :lol:

Sabby

willge87 said:
What sort of five-course meal are we talking about here? Here's a sampling of the menu I got on my cruise in December:

Shrimp Cocktail
Caesar Salad
Steak, Mashed Potatoes and Lobster Tail
A desert

I'd take this probably more often than not over pub food, that is if it didn't cause any weight gain :lol:
Soup to start, I'm a big can of chowder or squash soup

french baguette with a nice balsamic vinegar/oil for dipping

Cesar or a nice spinach salad

Steak/fish or chicken with roasted vegetables, sweet potatoes or rice

a desert

I also like pairing wine with each course. For my anniversary in 2012 we did a dinner with wine pairing and it was by far the best meal I've ever had. I think at heart I'm a foodie and really wnt to start expanding my palate

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CubsMascot Sports 9
Mirage School 1
Hilander School 5
Bliss Food & Beverage 8
Wade8813 Bathroom Wall 4