• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

4th of July for Pets?

1_ares_1

Registered Member
Ok...I just posted about this in the whatcha doin' for the 4th thread but wanna make sure to remind you all...

Fireworks and pets do not mix! I give my girls (my 3 big dogs) doggy downers to keep them calm and try to keep them inside for the 4th of July Fireworks noise. Animals, as most of you with pets know, are extremely terrified by the noise. The pills that you can buy over the counter at any pet store are designed for motion sickness and/or exciteability. Two that I have personally given my girls are Pet Sedate and Happy Traveler. They both helped my girls through the fireworks although I must say I felt better giving them the Happy Traveler because it is a natural product and non-narcotic.

Have a happy safe 4th of July... But remember Spot doesn't share your enthusiasm.

Last edited:

TGirl

Registered Member
Right on!!! I need to get something like that for our pup...he shakes so bad when he hears any poppin noises.....I will get something tomorrow...did really know they had something like that fo them...cool!! cool!!! Thank you

nani1987

Registered Member
hey I wish i would of know about that yrs ago for my other dog i had.. but he is in doggy heaven.... my current dog joey noise don't bother him....... if it does now i know what to give...........thanks ares for the post
nani

Dragon

V.I.P.
We do all of our firework festivities at my brother's house so I leave my dog at home. I am not sure if he is terrified of fireworks for I have never been home with him when the neighbors set off fireworks. My brother has a dog that I use to own and she is terrified of fireworks but they keep her in the basement. I want everyone to have a safe July 4th.

TGirl

Registered Member
Thank you Dragon...You too!!!
My dog gets very scared of even those pop guns so I know he don't like fireworks!!!

OneBriteLady

Registered Member
This is my first 4th of July as a Dog owner... thanks for the heads up on this. I never would have thought about it otherwise. My "Snorkie" (Half Schnauzer and half Yorkie) loved the pull poppers at New Years. The kind that have the string that flies out with a pop noise when you pull them. Now everytime she hears a "POP" she runs in circles looking at the ceiling to see when the streamers are going to fall! LOL The funny thing is you can even make the noise with a tupperware lid over adn over and she still runs and looks in the air. What a hoot. If I would have had a dog first I never would have had kids... ha ha just kidding lol.

1_ares_1

Registered Member
I sure hope you all flew right out and got some!! I found a real good one (cuz I ran out already and had to get more) The brand is NaturVet and the Tablets are chewable! It's called Quiet Moments and it's made with flowers...aaaawwwwww! how much nicer could it sound? Anyway go get something for your poor little pooches! They'll be happier for it... :D