4th Amendment is Dead in America

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by pro2A, Sep 30, 2009.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

The 4th Amendment is Dead in America... this is a truly disturbing video of a man who simply requested a warrant of his government to conduct a search on his property. This is the kind of bureaucratic bullshit that is pissing people off more and more in this country, and may soon send them over the edge. America is tired of this crap :mad:

4th Amendment "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized".

YouTube - U.S. Constitution 4th Amendment is Dead in America

Does this upset you as much as it does me? If it doesn't you need to get your head checked, we as Americans have a right to privacy. This is plain and simple a warrant-less search.

Discuss...

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009

2. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

Such a low view of the Constitution. Its sick. Every time someone wants to replace it or say the men who wrote it were flawed, they have no clue what they're giving away.

3. Jeru

Jeru Registered Member

The guy was wrong. It is not section 35 42, but actually 35 43.

IC 35-43-2-2
    Criminal trespass; denial of entry; permission to enter; exceptions
    Sec. 2. (a) A person who:
    (1) not having a contractual interest in the property, knowingly or intentionally enters the real property of another person after having been denied entry by the other person or that person's agent;
    (2) not having a contractual interest in the property, knowingly or intentionally refuses to leave the real property of another person after having been asked to leave by the other person or that person's agent;

She clearly broke the law

4. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Just watched the video with Jaszi, not sure who annoys me more... the woman who broke the law or the cop that wouldn't do his job.

5. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

Those two seemed awfully daft, or at the very least, unprofessional. I tried to follow up to see what came of it, but all I could find were a couple mentions of being able to investigate property without warrant when evidence is visible from public property or when multiple tips are received, or something like that.

For as bad as it seemed from the guy's perspective, the two may not have necessarily been in the wrong.

6. pro2A

I have Googled this extensively for the outcome of this video. Nothing has turned up. I have no clue what actually did happen, or if this property owner filed suit.

If anyone can find out who this is or if he took them to court I'd love to see it.

7. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

This does seem like a violation, but that's not quite the same as saying the 4th amendment is dead... esp since it's probably the most rigorously defended amendment we have other than the 1st amendment.

Cases that should be a slam dunk are tossed because of this ALL the time.

Note - as Pretzel said, there are cases where you can go onto the property without a warrant and without permission. I don't know if that applies here or not.

8. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

I think it's great that he was recording it all and I hope he can sue them. If the lady was so sure that she wasn't breaking the law, why would she have the sheriff with her? And why was she hesitant at first about going and taking the pictures she wanted? The sheriff didn't even seem sure about what was going on.

This country is full of idiots. But it's sad that a lot of the idiots are government officials, and police officers.

9. pro2A

Oh? Where in the 4th Amendment does it say that? Or was this an unconstitutional law that a bunch of bureaucrats made up to circumnavigate the bill of rights?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  10. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

It isn't in the constitution, but I don't see anything in the constitution that prohibits it either (not to mention the fact that if the Constitution didn't allow provisions for entering private property without permission while a crime is being committed, the Constitution would be wrong).