• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

4 NY State Firefighters Shot

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
WEBSTER, N.Y. A gunman ambushed four volunteer firefighters responding to an intense pre-dawn house fire Monday morning outside Rochester, N.Y., shooting four and killing two before ending up dead himself, authorities said.

4 firefighters shot, 2 dead in upstate N.Y
I don't think the shooter wanted the fire put out. I wonder if he set the fire so he could do this. Eight homes were burnt with 4 being completely destroyed.

I hope the injured fire fighters make it and my condolences go out to the families of the victims.

Am I wrong about this but doesn't NY have some of the toughest gun control laws in the country?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I don't understand why anyone would choose to open fire on people who are just trying to help and to save lives especially as two them were volunteer's and where it wasn't even their full time job but just trying to help.

I understand the person who did this was found dead on the scene but I don't suppose this is much sol-lice for the family's of the dead.

BigBob

Registered Member
Am I wrong about this but doesn't NY have some of the toughest gun control laws in the country?
If you rank all of the states, New York has the 4th most strict Gun Laws in the United States.

Shows how good those stricter gun laws work.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just heard on the news the guy was a felon so he had to obtained the gun illegally. Tougher gun laws won't help, he got one anyway.

BigBob

Registered Member
People don't understand that criminals don't care about laws (or else they wouldn't be criminals) and will get a hold of any weapons, no matter what kind of law is in place to stop them.

Drugs are illegal, and that's one of the biggest problems world wide.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Webster, NY Gunman Left Note Saying He Wanted To Die ‘Killing People’ CBS New York

Convicted killer released from prison barred from possessing guns ignored the law and killed again. What a surprise.
------
Police said Spengler was using a Bushmaster .223-caliber rifle – the same gun as used by the gunman in the Newtown massacre. He was also armed with a .38 revolver and a shotgun.
How did this guy get the gun from the Newtown shooting? Do law enforcement officers distribute guns previously used in a crime?

Whoever wrote this should be fired, along with their useless editor.

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Your right SS that sounds like he used the exact same gun the other shooter used. I guess the low life murders just pass around the same gun. Poor reporting and choice of words.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
They found a body in the home of the killer and they think its his sister. This wasn't the first time he murdered someone. He killed his grandmother with a hammer and served 17 years for it. The man was obviously nuts then and now yet they let him out.

Body found in home of ambush killer of firemen