• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

4 dead after gunman ‘randomly picking targets’ goes on rampage in Calif., tries to enter school

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
At this stage, the guy was just a sociopath, plain and simple. No restrictive gun laws or mental health issues could've done anything. The guy had zero morals and didn't care about anyone.

NellyBell

Registered Member
Killer Goes on Shooting Spree in Rural Northern California, Killing 4 - Breitbart

With California's restrictive gun laws how did this man get a gun. Guess restrictive laws don't do much good.
Not when they aren't enforced. He shouldn't have had any guns because of his recent arrest. They've admitted their system for dealing with that is flawed (I forget what the system is called off the top of my head). These guns, however, weren't acquired legally anyways. He owned two homemade guns and two guns registered under someone else's name. That's the last I heard anyways. I do think there's some proof that we need to work on enforcing and perfecting what we have in place before adding more. But more importantly, there's definite proof that the merciless killing of others needs to stop.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Not when they aren't enforced. He shouldn't have had any guns because of his recent arrest. They've admitted their system for dealing with that is flawed (I forget what the system is called off the top of my head). These guns, however, weren't acquired legally anyways. He owned two homemade guns and two guns registered under someone else's name. That's the last I heard anyways. I do think there's some proof that we need to work on enforcing and perfecting what we have in place before adding more. But more importantly, there's definite proof that the merciless killing of others needs to stop.
They ARE being enforced. There was even a court order prohibiting him from owning a gun.

All I hear from the Left is "We need common sense gun laws" and "The government needs to do something". Do what? Crystal meth is illegal also, that doesn't stop millions of people from abusing it. "We need to do better" is just silly nonsense that means absolutely nothing. (By the way, this second paragraph was not directed at your post, but was made generally).

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think if we enforced what is in place we probably wouldn't need more laws. That is what gets me, people want more gun laws when the ones we have aren't enforced.

If someone bought a gun for him they should be held accountable for doing so.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I think if we enforced what is in place we probably wouldn't need more laws. That is what gets me, people want more gun laws when the ones we have aren't enforced.

If someone bought a gun for him they should be held accountable for doing so.
They can be. A straw purchase is a felony. You are right though, there are many laws that do need to be enforced. But hey, I'm so happy people in Hollywood have taken a break from raping each other and making a silly video just naming towns where bad shit has happened and blaming the NRA and lecturing us on how to live. All the while they walk around with armed security. The hypocrisy is so awesome.

Carmelita

Registered Member
As you say above, the law only applies to the people who want to obey it. It has no effect on those who have no morals and do not want to abide by the law, whatever form it takes. The only way to stop illegal gun use is to get rid of all the guns and that is just not possible considering the criminal element in this country. Plus, it would affect our constitutional rights to own and bear arms. There just seems no way out.