• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

3D views

karenlyn

Registered Member
Hey, does anybody here ad 3D views to their auctions? I've seen several lately that have them and they look really neat-- and useful. Has anybody else seen these?

Melos

Registered Member
Just another thing not to load for us dial-up users. :p I think it is a great idea if the thing you are selling requires looking at the back - like statuary or something like that. As long as the picture is very clear still, of course.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
hmm I have yet to see one of these auctions. I think it would be a great idea for a car. or maybe even furniture.

SouthernGal

Registered Member
I haven't seen a 3D auction yet! Interesting. I could see that for some items, it would be important to see every single little angle.

But, for someone who still remembers the pain of dial-up... I wouldn't want to ever do anything that could take a while to load.

I want my auction to look nice, but be simple enough for everyone to load. I know I, myself, have no patience and will click off a page that takes too long to upload.

Plumley

Registered Member
That's an interesting concept. I haven't seen one yet and will be on the look out. I can see where it would be useful for some types of items. As others have said, if it increases the load time too much, I won't be interested. I wish people would give you the option of clicking music and scrolling galleries on or leaving them off, depending on the viewer's preference.

karenlyn

Registered Member
It's sort of a no-win situation, though. For dial-up users, all the graphics and music are a pain... but high-speed users won't want to go to the trouble to click to have music, graphics, etc. in an auction that they might just be taking a quick peek at. I know I wouldn't (I'm lazy).

Penguin

Registered Member
which begs the question, if people wouldn't click to see it, would it really be that great to have it forced on them?