• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

3D Projection That's Just..... WOW!!!

wooly

I am the woolrus
This is one of the most amazing things i have ever seen. It's a 3D projection on to a building that makes the building come alive, quite literally! It's.... Hard to describe to be honest!

All i'm gonna say is.... JUST WATCH!

555 KUBIK | facade projection | on Vimeo

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That was pretty cool but at first I thought you meant actual "3D" when you said 3D Projection. I was thinking about the Jaws 16 3D projection from Back to the Future 2. :lol:

This was really just a large projection/screen on the side of a building that was made to LOOK 3D. Cool nonetheless.

viLky

ykLiv
Looks nice. Reminds me sort of the stuff in Total Recall (art imitating reality). I'd like to see that in person if I get the chance one day. =D

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
The conception of this project consistently derives from its underlying architecture - the theoretic conception and visual pattern of the Hamburg Kunsthalle. The Basic idea of narration was to dissolve and break through the strict architecture of O. M. Ungers "Galerie der Gegenwart". Resultant permeabilty of the solid facade uncovers different interpretations of conception, geometry and aesthetics expressed through graphics and movement. A situation of reflexivity evolves - describing the constitution and spacious perception of this location by means of the building itself.
Seriously? This has to be the most unnecessarily wordy description of anything I have ever read...

Firefox has just pointed out to me that they even spelled permeability wrong. :rolleyes:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Seriously? This has to be the most unnecessarily wordy description of anything I have ever read...

Firefox has just pointed out to me that they even spelled permeability wrong. :rolleyes:
Yeah. I like wooly's description better. At least I understood it:

This is one of the most amazing things i have ever seen. It's a 3D projection on to a building that makes the building come alive, quite literally! It's.... Hard to describe to be honest!

It reminds me of the light projection they did for the Eiffel Tower during the Bastille day two weeks ago. It was really amazing, it seems that the Eiffel was moving, turning and dancing.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I think this looks really amazing. I would of loved to of been there to watch it.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Wow, that is pretty cool. I imagine it would be even better if you were actually there to see it.

Nick-Aotmzgin

Registered Member
Brilliant Brilliant i like this its the human mind concept and perception of visual simulation which reflects the structure of the Visual dream!
its cool!