• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

3D Animation Assignment

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
An assignment from my 3D class. Recreate a scene from a CGI film. I chose the kitchen in Kung Fu Panda. And yeah I know the oven flickers.

Looks better on youtube in 720p.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g69DAGzA3U4[/video]

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
That is actually pretty awesome, I have seen Kung Fu Panda and that looks like the real deal!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Wow thanks Aleks, that's a huge compliment. This took me... a whole semester. Not even kidding this shit took so long to do. It's been quite stressful a few times, and there's a few things I wish I could change but I'm happy enough with it now.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's really good. I do 3D animation so I actually understand what you did to get all of this done. I particularly like that you achieved most of the realism from texturing while keeping the polygon count low (or whatever you used to model).

Where are you going to school and how far along are you?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I'm doing a degree in computer animation at RMIT Melbourne. I'm halfway through my second year now.

I did this assignment in Maya, Photoshop and Aftereffects.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Awesome work, Crouton! Did you pick the music yourself? It was a great choice for the scene.