• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

365 Million Dollar Jackpot winner

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060220/ap_on_re_us/record_jackpot

This just goes to show that there are well over 300 million people who lost this time around, just to put it in a more realistic perspective. :)

Even so, it would sure be nice to have 365 Million right now..

I can't even imagine what I would do with that much money.

:D

Roland_Jenkins

Registered Member
I'd opt for the lump sum of $124.1 million after taxes. Winning would be nice but I bet it comes with its own share of problems too.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Statistically, people who work hard and build big businesses worth similar amounts of money have better lives and are more responsible than somebody who wins it all at once. I still can't imagine spending that much money though..

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
I don't know what I would do with that much money. If I played Powerball, I think I would rather just match all 5 numbers but no the Powerball and get $100,000. I know what I would do with that. But $15.4 million I don't know what I would do with that. That is what each of the eight people who won the jackpot is getting.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, you could keep $100K off the top, and give me the rest if you couldn't figure out what to do with it. I certainly would give it a nice home.. or was that BUY a nice home.. :D

MarketBoss

Registered Member
Hmm... 365 Million Dollars... You could probably buy anything you wanted (Yacht, Houses, New Cars) and still end up only using around 50 million. That is tough though, I say, with 365 Million Dollars, you feed all the starving children in Africa. :)

secretsof2113

I would take the lump sum more than likely. 124 million is still a whole lot. I'd invest 10 million of it into a savings account and just live off the interest. I could only imagine what kind of interest you'd be able to get off that much money. I'd definately pay off my college loans, move out to Chicago, and buy a nice house and car. I would also pay off all of my mother's debt and get her a new house as well.

DotSauce

I would buy generic .com domain names

:D