$351,000 Buffet Lunch Sold!

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ok, not just ANY "Buffet," it was a lunch with Warren Buffet, the second richest man in the United States.

http://yahoo.reuters.com/financeQuoteCompanyNewsArticle.jhtml?duid=mtfh76488_2005-07-01_03-31-33_n30577332_newsml

Story time:

A friend of mine works at a bank. Every so often he would chit chat with a man he often ran into in the elevator. Things like "Hey what's up?" or "Hey your tie is crooked." General conversations with zero substance. One day, as he walked out of the elevator, he shouted "Later man!" to the gentleman, and went on his way. The elevator door closed, and one of his co-workers was staring at him with a look of shock. "You must have some serious balls. Do you have any idea who that was?" My friend replied with "Nooo.." Turned out Warren Buffet owns the bank, or somehow had a reason to be there often. Go figure. Anyway, the man was Warren Buffet, my friend felt like an idiot. Go figure again. :D

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
What?! No milk n cookies with our story time?! :p

I think everyone has been in a similiar situation ... maybe not with someone worth quite that much money though LOL From what you've said though, Mister Buffet seems nice enough... I mean he didnt rip your friends head off for not knowing who he was :D

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah my friend said he is a very cool and down to earth guy. I would like to meet him someday as well. Not for $351,000 though. At least that was for charity. :D