• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

33 died drinking bath oil

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
If it wasn't so sad it could belong in the offbeat section. 54 people in Irkutsk got high drinking bath oil and now 33 of them are dead. It's so totally over the top that people living in a cool resort city off lake Baikal would do something that seriously stupid. The Investigative Committee is confiscating the bottles but nobody can fix stupid. That's a lot of people that didn't live to see New Year's.
33 dead from alcohol poisoning in Irkutsk after drinking 'bath lotion'

Thoughts?

Impaired

Registered Member
I have a really hard time feeling sorry for people who die through their own stupidity.

The world is now slightly less stupid.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow, what possessed those people to drink that stuff. Did someone serve this to people that didn't know what they were drinking? If so this is murder.

Considering Russia is famous for its Vodka looks like they could have drank that. Maybe it will still kill you but it will take years.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Russia's been having serious issues with cheap alcohol substitutes and dangerous recreational drugs. I totally don't get why people risk their lives with that stuff but it happens and this is one of the worst cases. There needs to be more campaigns against alcohol and drug abuse, especially in the east. This case could be murder but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Impaired

Registered Member
I'm not sure how it is murder when people willingly drink poison to get high.