• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

31 American Soldiers dead in Afghanistan.

dDave

V.I.P.
This is shockingly sad news and I don't believe I saw it posted anywhere here at GF.

During a night raid mission in Afghanistan here's what went down.

Thirty-one American soldiers have been killed as insurgents shot down a NATO Chinook transport helicopter early Saturday. That one incident made it the deadliest day for U.S. troops since the Afghan war began in 2001.

The service members were on a night-raid mission in the Tangi Valley of Wardak Province when a rocket-propelled grenade, a coalition officer said, brought down their helicopter.

The official said the military does “not have any indication that it was anything other than militant fire that brought the helicopter down.

Of the thirty-one soldiers killed about twenty of them were Navy SEALS, five were Army air crew, and several U.S. airmen. Seven Afghan troops and one interpreter also died when the helicopter went down.

“The numbers are high,” said one official. “It’s a big loss.”

The SEALS were part of the SEAL Team Six, the unit that carried out the raid in Pakistan that killed Osama bin Laden. However, none of those killed in the crash were members of the actual SEALs mission that killed bin Laden.

American Helicopter Attacked by Insurgents, 31 Dead, Christian News
This is so sad for me being connected so closely to the military (through many different friends and families in many different branches) My thoughts and prayers go out to the loved ones and friends of the 31 dead.

The Taliban has taken responsibility for what has happened.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Remind me again why the States are there, at the cost of hundreds of lives and billions of dollars that are bleeding the USA dry.

RIP, and thank you for your service.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Terrible!! Such a awful thing for our military and our military famillies. With OBL gone, and the Taliban taken out of power, the USA remains to help police and rebuild. Probably no matter how "good" they at running their own country, the USA will always have a presence. The war on terror will never end.