TV 30 Rock earns a record 22 Emmy's

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't have the source right now, but I heard that 30 Rock earned a record for Emmy nomination with 22 of them. I personally never watched the show, so I don't know if it's actually funny or not, but 22 is incredible. Also it's the first time since 1965(?) that a cartoon as been nominated for a best comedy and that would be Family Guy, the last one to get nominated was The Flintstones.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009

2. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

30 ROCK isn't a cartoon. It's a live action sticom crated by and starring Tina Fay and Alec Baldwin. And yes, it's hysterically funny.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I know 30 Rock isn't a cartoon my friend, I think you read my thread wrong. I said a cartoon as been nominated for the first time since 1965(?) for best comedy and that is Family Guy. The last cartoon to get nominated for best comedy was The Flintstones.

4. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I've only seen the first series so far but it was absolutely fantastic, one of the best shows i've seen in a long time. I have to get my hands on the other series sometime soon, especially if they're worth 22 Emmy's!

5. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

The show's changed up since the first season. Originally it was supposed to be more about how Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) would be challenged to keep the unpredictable Tracy Jordan (Tracy Morgan) under control while keeping her boss (Alec Baldwin) happy. All of the actors pretty much played their roles straight. Especially Alec Baldwin who actually is funnier when he's not trying to be funny.

But since then, all the characters have gotten progressively wackier and wackier until the Tracy Morgan character seems downright tame sometimes. But its still one of the better shows on TV and one of the very few sitcoms that actually make me laugh.

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

It's personally not my cut of tea. However, I said that about Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens and other shows that have been canceled. Funny, because once the shows get canceled it's usually when I start watching them.