• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

30 for 30: Ric Flair

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I won't be watching it til Saturday, but I thought this is a thread that should be created. I will avoid this thread til I watch it, but have at it for the people who did see it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That was fucking amazing. The best 30 for 30. And that is saying a lot.

Considering that final Raw and SmackDown are in Atlanta and Charlotte, I'd be stunned if they don't bring him in for one of those. And if they do, the roof will blow off the fuckin arena.

Now that I think of it, Charlotte will be wrestling for the belt IN Charlotte. Can't be that easy ... Charlotte wins the belt, Ric' music goes off and there is not a dry eye in the house.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I know that Ric is scheduled to be there for the 25th Anniversary RAW in January but I think he definitely should be there this week, either in Atlanta (where he lives now) or Charlotte.

And yeah, considering that Charlotte will more than likely beat Natalya for the Smackdown Women's title, this would be an awesome moment to see Ric back for the first time since his health crisis.

With that said, I loved every minute of that 30 for 30. Even though the part about Reid's death was very hard to watch. Imagine if that kid could've made it to WWE along with his sister.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I was meh when it was all over. I expected more. I wanted more about the Four Horsemen, I wanted more with Tully Blanchard and the Anderson brothers. I wanted more Sting, and maybe talk to Lex Luger.

The fights with Dusty Rhoads were epic, I remember those well, on NWA. I just wanted it to focus more on those old days and the whole development of the Horsemen and how they evolved over the years, guys that came in, guys that left.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was meh when it was all over. I expected more. I wanted more about the Four Horsemen, I wanted more with Tully Blanchard and the Anderson brothers. I wanted more Sting, and maybe talk to Lex Luger.

The fights with Dusty Rhoads were epic, I remember those well, on NWA. I just wanted it to focus more on those old days and the whole development of the Horsemen and how they evolved over the years, guys that came in, guys that left.
I agree, I thought the show could have been a bit longer because there were some other stories that could have been explored about him. One was about the circumstances of his adoption.

Apparently, he was stolen from his birth mother by an adoption organization in Tennessee that became well known at that time for taking babies from young single moms and either making them sign over rights, or telling them that the baby died and was already buried. (They later got busted for this).

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I didn't know that part. Well, in his 2nd DVD, Flair mentions that he's a black market baby but other than that, I didn't know the rest.