• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 28

Impact

V.I.P.
Day 28 - Your favourite song from this time last year.

You're all doing better than me if you actually remember this :lol: I'm just going to take a wild guess and go with 5FDP - The Bleeding. I know I definitely listened to them a lot last year, so yeah...

YouTube - Five Finger Death Punch - The Bleeding

qweerblue

Registered Member
Yikes! Who could remember their favorite song from a year ago!?

Oh! I looked through my iTunes and realized that it was about this time last year that a friend made me a copy of the album "Bird-Brains" by Tune-Yards, and that album BLEW ME AWAY. Tune-Yards is actually just one phenomenally talented woman, Merrill Garbus, and this is her song "Sunlight":

YouTube - tUnE-yArDs - 'Sunlight' [HQ]

LISTEN TO IT!

That is all.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I've already used this song once in this challenge, but this is all I could come up with. I can't remember anything else I was listening to then. I was looking through my posts on my other forum from this time last year to see if anything would come to mind, and my god, I was miserable then. Holy cow.

YouTube - Waiting for my real life to begin - Colin Hay

Hiei

The Hierophant
This is pretty hard to actually remember. Hell, I'm not positive I can remember my favorite song from six months ago! If I had to take a stab in the dark, I'd say that it'd be Within A Mile of Home by Flogging Molly.

Great song from a great band!

YouTube - Flogging Molly - "Within a Mile of Home"

qweerblue

Registered Member
I've already used this song once in this challenge, but this is all I could come up with. I can't remember anything else I was listening to then. I was looking through my posts on my other forum from this time last year to see if anything would come to mind, and my god, I was miserable then. Holy cow.

YouTube - Waiting for my real life to begin - Colin Hay

I am SO glad you're moving in a different direction now, love. I know there are still all sorts of challenges and, oh, I don't know, feats of strength? ahead, but I don't know anyone more capable than you--you have amazed me since the moment we met, and I know there have been some mis-steps, but you always ALWAYS seem to right yourself and shake it off and do what comes next. It breaks my heart to think that this song speaks to you as deeply as it does, and if I could do anything for you, it would be to help you recognize your own strength, worth, and promise so that you could move past this thing that feels like waiting and into that place where you suddenly find that you're in the middle of your real life and that it as beautiful, wondrous, and awe-inspiring as are you.

I love you and love you.

PS: Speaking of strength and capability, there's a reason why you were the most popular choice in the whole Zombie Apocalypse ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Impact Music 5
Impact Music 7
Impact Music 10
Impact Music 7
Impact Music 5