• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 27

Impact

V.I.P.
Argh, we're getting near the end. Day 27's challenge is to post a song you can play on an instrument. And for those of us not musically talented like that, a song you wish you could play.

I wish I could play Tool's Vicarious. That intro is just bad ass.

YouTube - Tool - Vicarious

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Argh, we're getting near the end. Day 27's challenge is to post a song you can play on an instrument. And for those of us not musically talented like that, a song you wish you could play.

I wish I could play Tool's Vicarious. That intro is just bad ass.

YouTube - Tool - Vicarious
When I went to the School of Rock Prog Rock show in January, they did Vicarious. It was awesome.

I don't play an instrument but if we're getting ambitious, I wish I could play something soothing and mellow like SRV's Lenny

YouTube - Stevie Ray Vaughan - Lenny

qweerblue

Registered Member
When I went to the School of Rock Prog Rock show in January, they did Vicarious. It was awesome.

I don't play an instrument but if we're getting ambitious, I wish I could play something soothing and mellow like SRV's Lenny

YouTube - Stevie Ray Vaughan - Lenny
Oh, this, This. This.

What a pick! I'm pretty sure if you ever played this, I would be your very willing groupie, and it would be *nothing* like that whole covering-my-eyes-while-in-the-dingy-bathroom-of-a-dive-bar escapade ;)
------
YouTube - Sixpence None The Richer - Kiss Me (She's All That official music video)

I play this everytime I'm jamming on my guitar. I still struggle a bit with the chorus though.
That's awesome, Malice--I LOVE this song. I've always wanted my girl to sing these lines to me:

you wear those shoes
and I will wear that dress

I don't know why, by those words always make me feel sweet and sexy and flirty and a little bit horny...
------
So, many years ago, one of my now ex-girlfriends found her old recorders from elementary school, and we would sit around getting high and trying to play them. We eventually could do a passable version of Cat Stevens' "Peace Train":

YouTube - Cat Stevens- Peace Train

But, in my wildest dreams, I would be able to bang out "Bonzo's Montreaux":

YouTube - Led Zeppelin - Coda - Bonzo's Montreux

Last edited:

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I'm about as musically talented as a cat locked in a cupboard with a recorder. Makes no sense. Meh...

Whatever. I go for something simple, that I'd like to play and perhaps given a bit of time I might actually do. It sounds a simple composition, and hence doable - Also, the lyrics don't seem to require any enormous exertion so I might not slaughter it with my manky, froggy singing voice.

Right Where it Belongs - Nine Inch Nails.

YouTube - Nine Inch Nails - Right Where It Belongs

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
YouTube - Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting For You

I can play that on piano.

And there was a time, believe it or not, a brief time, when I knew how to play the drum parts on this song:

YouTube - The Presidents of the USA - Lump

Oh yeah! I bet none of you pegged me as someone playing it. :lol: I took drums lessons particularly to play that. And my teacher was really good at teaching me basics, then as a prize later on, he transcribed this song and I was able to play it with him. I've lost the piece though. :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Impact Music 5
Impact Music 7
Impact Music 10
Impact Music 7
Impact Music 5