• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

30 Day Song Challenge- Day 26

Impact

V.I.P.
Day 26's challenge is to post you heartbreak song. For the likes of Bliss, who have perfect relationships, you can post you and your partners song.

Anyway, my heartbreak song is Love Love, Kiss Kiss by Alkaline Trio. Pretty much every AT song could work, but I love this one especially.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P87P6Qe0j0

Love, Love, Kiss, Kiss, blah blah blah.
You're making me sick, I wish you'd just stop showing off
For the rest of us that no one wants to love
It's hard enough trying to drink another Winter all alone

Do you curse the happy couple? Do you cringe at wedding bells?
Do you drink up all the punch while you wish 'em all to

And there are days when we all say we feel we just can't go on
But you've felt this way all along

It's the perfect feel sorry for yourself while everyone else is happy song :lol:

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
Definitely this...

YouTube - Cage - Depart from me [HIGHEST QUALITY]

You don’t think that I get it, I was the one who let it
Fall apart into pieces, you cut your foot when you jetted
Just swimming around in my head, not slowing down
You said, all you need to say, you can share it with the dude in your bed

&

I get you were slipping from my grasp, I just didn’t get out fast
You were jumping to the future from our past
Flash, you were the one who erased it
I hope my replacement gives me time back I wasted

If I had been asked this a couple of years ago, it could've been any number of songs. But I wore this song out this last year.

Last edited:

qweerblue

Registered Member
Hmmmm... I'm a bit torn, because I have MANY songs I could go to for this challenge, yet Imp's words about Bliss could likely apply to me, too--I am head-over-heels in love with the woman of my dreams, and I know right down to my bones that we will spend the rest of our days together, forever in love.

So, I'm gonna do a little of both--give you a heartbreak song that's tied to mine and Melissa's storied beginning. When she and I met, we were both in relationships, though mine fizzled out before hers did. There was an immediate connection between us, an electricity, a vibration, a sense of having always known each other coupled with comfort and familiarity and blood-boiling attraction, but neither of us are cheaters. So, we embarked upon a really intimate email relationship; and by intimate, I mean that we each peeled back our skin and shared things with each other that we didn't typically share with other folks. We got to know each other so well, and it wasn't long before I knew, without a doubt, that she and I really were meant to be together. But she had experienced some deep heartache as far as relationships go, and I knew she was cautious; she was also in the middle of finishing her PhD, and entering into a new, serious relationship at that crucial juncture didn't make sense emotionally or time-wise. And, of course, she was dating this guy; it was a casual relationship, mostly just meant to be fun and not anything that would grow into a forever thing, and she had been honest with him about that from the beginning. Still, it absolutely destroyed me to know she was dating him when she should obviously break it off with him and hook up with me ;)

So, I give to you Ray LaMontagne's "Burn":

YouTube - Ray LaMontagne Burn

Oh mama, don't walk away
I'm a goddamn sore loser
I ain't too proud to say
But I'm still thinking 'bout you
And I'm so lonesome without you
And I can't get you out of my mind

Oh mama, don't leave me alone
with my soul shut down so tight just like a stone cold tomb
Ain't it clear when I'm near you
I'm just dying to hear you