• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 21

Impact

V.I.P.
Day 21 - A song that you listen to when you’re happy. Not to be confused with the earlier one we had of a song that makes you happy (told you some of them got a little repetitive)

And yeah...I'll have to have a think on this one...

qweerblue

Registered Member
This.

I am listening right now, and I am pretending the wet, cold world outside my window does not exist. Beautiful, Di.

xox.
------
I've been looking back at my choices, and I've done my best to include songs that represent the variety of genres that I listen to, but I have not picked a hip-hop song yet, which is pretty bizarre, since I listen to hip-hop probably at least half the time, if not more.

So, today I give you Lupe Fiasco's beautiful, mind-blowing collaboration with Jill Scott: "Daydreamin'"

YouTube - Lupe Fiasco - Daydreamin'

This song is so amazing, I just don't even have words for it. Lupe's unbelievable flow, his poetry, his playful, pointed lyrics, his ability to critique the world and some of the more negative aspects of hip-hop culture, and Jill Scott's breathtakingly beautiful voice wrapped all around it like the loveliest honey.

Perfect.

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
When I'm not feeling so hot, that's when I usually turn to music. So, this pick might be a little harder to think of then the rest of them for me.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I reckon this will be about right for me. Although, I'm generally cheerful most of the time, so it's a bit of a stab at anything that'll do really. It usually keeps me cheery too.

YouTube - Scarborough Fair

Impact

V.I.P.
Typical, the song I think of that I listen to when i'm, I guess we'll go with happy, isn't even on YouTube! Yay for Grooveshark....

Grooveshark - Butterfingers - Beautiful Music
------
I've been looking back at my choices, and I've done my best to include songs that represent the variety of genres that I listen to, but I have not picked a hip-hop song yet, which is pretty bizarre, since I listen to hip-hop probably at least half the time, if not more.

So, today I give you Lupe Fiasco's beautiful, mind-blowing collaboration with Jill Scott: "Daydreamin'"

YouTube - Lupe Fiasco - Daydreamin'

This song is so amazing, I just don't even have words for it. Lupe's unbelievable flow, his poetry, his playful, pointed lyrics, his ability to critique the world and some of the more negative aspects of hip-hop culture, and Jill Scott's breathtakingly beautiful voice wrapped all around it like the loveliest honey.

Perfect.
Amazing choice Qweer. I love Lupe, particularly this song. Would you hurry along those 500 posts so I can rep you already!

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Impact Music 5
Impact Music 7
Impact Music 10
Impact Music 7
Impact Music 5