• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 12

qweerblue

Registered Member
Oh.... This is hard. Not because there aren't bands I hate--there are certainly more than a few. I'm gonna flip the script a little and go with a band that I hate because I can't love then, and I really, really want to love them: Sonic Youth

Ever since I was a teenager and first heard of Sonic Youth, I was in love with them--their hardcore DIY attitude, their willingness to push boundaries, their experimentation with alternative tunings, their constant re-definition of what rock guitar meant and could sound like, their connection to the avant garde ... And hell, they had the cool-as-hell Kim Gordon on bass, and I was all intrigued and enamored by the love between Gordon and Thurston Moore, the guitarist and vocalist for SY.

And then I heard their music.

Ugh.

I'm not sure what it is about it, but I just cannot get on board with that fuzzed-out noise-rock sound. The thing is, there's something I kinda like about every song of theirs I've ever heard, but there's more that I don't like, and I'm left, after hearing one of their songs, with that feeling you get when you were really sure you were into someone and finally got the chance to talk to them, and then 90% of what comes out of their mouth leaves you irritated and disappointed. I think it's worse to be right on the edge of liking someone or something than to just hate, outright, everything about someone. It creates a frustration and a tension that pisses me off.

So, anyway, I give you, Sonic Youth--my crush that never was:

YouTube - Sonic Youth-100%

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I cannot stand Take That. It feels like they are constantly on the radio and my mum loves them, so I often have to sit through it whilst in the car with her. Doesn't help that she has a CD, either...

Just a random song from them. Actually this is the one I hear most from the radio, I think >>

YouTube - Take That - Patience

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I may piss off a BUNCH of people here by doing this, but I despise this group:

YouTube - System Of A Down - Chop Suey!

They just aren't my cuppa tea, just like HES said before me.

Their lyrics are stupid, their sound too similar to many other bands... just bleh. The only (somewhat) part of the band is Serj's voice.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I may piss off a BUNCH of people here by doing this, but I despise this group:

YouTube - System Of A Down - Chop Suey!

They just aren't my cuppa tea, just like HES said before me.

Their lyrics are stupid, their sound too similar to many other bands... just bleh. The only (somewhat) part of the band is Serj's voice.
:-o:cry::mad::stare::shake:

I hate any band that came from shows such as Pop Idol and X Factor.

Let's find one at random for you.

YouTube - Pure and Simple from Hear'Say

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Impact Music 5
Impact Music 7
Impact Music 10
Impact Music 7
Impact Music 5