• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 1

Impact

V.I.P.
So, I found this thing on facebook called the 30 Day Song Challenge. Each day you post a song that fits that days description. I figured it could work well on GF, and well, here we are.

The Day 1 challenge is to post a video of your favourite song. So, there it is. Post your favourite song. If it's too hard to possibly pick an all time favourite song, pick your current favourite.

My current favourite song is:

YouTube - Pantera - Cemetery Gates (Video)

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Wow... you've caught me off guard there Lauren. I wouldn't have pegged that as your favourite song. It's really cool.

And great thread btw. imso - -

My favourite track at this current period of time know as the 'scum period' is this:

YouTube - Queens Of The Stone Age - Better Living Through Chemistry

I can't rep you yet Imp. But you will be getting some for this.
It strikes me as a very valid idea... My music preference changes daily, and in which a song will always stand out. Often, it's something I listen to in the morning before work, on the bus. Something that stick in my head all day. And I have to indulge in afterwards... Such as yesterday... Vicinity of Obscenity was in my bonce. Which was really cool, regardless of the odd looks I got when uttering 'terracotta Pie' randomly. Cool thread. Rep coming.

Last edited:

Impact

V.I.P.
Wow... you've caught me off guard there Lauren. I wouldn't have pegged that as your favourite song. It's really cool.
I just can't get enough of it lately. It was between that, and Halo from Machine Head, and I had to go with iTunes play count to get a winner. I actually prefer the longer album version, but at a glance I couldn't find it on YouTube

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I just can't get enough of it lately. It was between that, and Halo from Machine Head, and I had to go with iTunes play count to get a winner. I actually prefer the longer album version, but at a glance I couldn't find it on YouTube
Coolness all round. Cemetery Gates is remarkable, from start to finish. Machine Head, are not a true liking of mine, on a whole, but certain tracks do cut my mustard... Halo being one of them.

On the flipside... I somehow managed to find a longer version to normal for - Better Living Through Chemistry. And same deal, it's a song I can't help but hear today... Yet tomorrow, after I've slept may bring something new.

Last edited:

qweerblue

Registered Member
Wow, nice set of diverse choices so far--that's a great Pantera track, and QotSA are one of my faves--Josh Homme is so unbelievably talented; how do y'all feel about Them Crooked Vultures? And Tucker's Mark Seymour piece was like the "cool-down" after all that driving, heavy rock. Very nice!

Mark Lanegan (of Screaming Trees fame and who sometimes plays with QotSA and who has a voice that sounds burnt, tattered, and charred and that just completely throttles you) has been getting a lot of play around my house lately, and this track always makes me run and hit the repeat button:

YouTube - Mark Lanegan - Methamphetamine Blues.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Cool idea, Lauren.

I will go with my favourite song of the day because my all time favourite song is an 'our song'. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful song and by one of my favourite bands but I don't want to make you all vomit blood.

So yeah, the song I have listened to over and over today is...

YouTube - System Of A Down - Honey #16

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Impact Music 5
Impact Music 7
Impact Music 10
Impact Music 7
Impact Music 5