• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies 30 Day Film Challenge - Day 9

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I'm posting this earlier, because I might not be around to post it later.

Today's challenge is this, if you participated in day 8 you probably know what it'll be.

Post a quote that you cannot stand.

Something that was uttered in a film, that was just - well - shite. - Please leave a clip of said scene if you wish.
I'll be back later on to post something I've dredged up for this...

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
From X-Men

Storm: "Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else."

Makes me cringe every time, just such a badly written line. I think she delivered it out of context or something, not sure.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
The worst quote I've come up with is possibly this, for me.

From Lucky Number Slevin - Not that the line doesn't make sense, yet for comedy value I found that the retort, after his unfaithful missus explains that the sex he's walked in on was 'an accident' - --
"What like... he tripped, you fell." - The reply is unnecessary, the comedy is lost with it.

-- I can't find a video for it, so - to post something I am drawn to another quote -

From Gladiator
"We mortals are but shadows and dust. Shadows and dust."

YouTube - Gladiator - Shadows and Dust.mp4

This sort of shite makes hardly any sense, half the time, often portrayed in these sorts of sword and sandal, period dress, oldey world films. It happens all the time in them, so often I will refuse to see them because the language used is often awful.

Bliss

Sally Twit
lolol @ Alt

I can't find a video of it but the quote is painful enough. It's from 'She's All That'.

"Honey, look around you. To everyone here who matters, you're vapor, you're spam, a waste of perfectly good yearbook space, and nothing's ever gonna change that."

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.