• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies 30 Day Film Challenge - Day 8

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Today we have this:

Favourite film quote:

Please try and find, and post, a video of said quote for us.
This is a hard challenge I find, I'll be back later once I've mulled it over in my bonce.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Can I just go with 'anything from Blazing Saddles?' :lol: No? Ok... I was then going to pick the final dialogue from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, another one of my favourite films and that quote just makes the entire movie for me, but it's probably not the best for this since you have to hear it in context.

Sooo instead I'm going with "Well, nobody's perfect" from Some Like it Hot.

YouTube - Some like it hot: I'm a man. Well, nobody's perfect

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Okay -- After a bit of thought, I've decided to go with this, although I reckon I will have changed my mind as soon as this is posted - Nonetheless. A quote that strikes me, especially with the action involved too is this little piece.

I'm walkin' here:
YouTube - Midnight Cowboy - Im Walkin Here

-- Great scene. Great quote -

Another that came to mind was the - 'smile and the world smiles with you, cry and you cry alone' saying in 'Oldboy' but I couldn't find a video. Nonetheless, the above piece of dialogue always strikes me as very damned cool.
------
3 minutes in:
YouTube - Reservoir Dogs - Opening Scene

"You shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologise."

It's not my favourite film but it is in my top 20.

I assume you meant favourite quote from A film and not a quote from your favourite film?
Err.. Yeah. That's right. Cool quote too. Love it.

Last edited:

Impact

V.I.P.
Argh, so many quotes I want to use. I'm going with this one from Soap in Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels

"Yeah, little bit of pain never hurt anybody. If you know what I mean. Also, I think knives are a good idea. Big, fuck-off shiny ones. Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. Knives are good, because they don't make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. Shit 'em right up. Makes it look like we're serious. Guns for show, knives for a pro. "

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
V for V for Vendetta

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof. "

Konshentz

Konshentz
That's easy, it's this one from Goodfellas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaPseYjMNao

"As far back as I could remember, I always wanted to be a gangster."

I'll post another one for the hell of it. It's from The Jacket, which is such a great movie, definitely top 15 of all time for me. Not enough people know about it, any ways, it's this...

"I was 27 years old the first time I died."

Nothing amazing about it, but I really liked it, an it's stuck with me since seeing the film.

Last edited: