• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies 30 Day Film Challenge - Day 6

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Been a bit late with this today. It'll run for a full day though.

Today's Challenge:
Your favourite film, by your favourite Director

--

My Favourite Director is Martin Scorsese - He is an absolute film-making genius - Not only has he tackled a vast array of genres, he also has an eye for tip-top style in his pictures. There's a feel to them, that once buckled in you cannot mistake for anyone else.
My favourite film of his, is this - although, not an easy decision when all is said and done. This nonetheless cuts me deep every time I see it.

Goodfellas: -- One of my favourite scenes/bits of the film. Emphasising Tommy's manic derangement to a T.
YouTube - Goodfellas: The Spider situation

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Well damn. Not only did you take mine, but I already used that one in another challenge thread.

OK well to add variety, I'll go with The Godfather. Scorsese is only my favorite director over Coppola by a very small margin, and only because Coppola has made some real crap. But his wines are fabulous, and Marty doesn't make wine. This is the best scene I could find; too many results on youtube. This has one of my favorite lines, though

YouTube - "Leave the gun, take the cannoli."

Bliss

Sally Twit
I would have picked the same director and one of those two films. So I will go with my next one which is Christopher Nolan.

And of course I will be going with Inception.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Can we pick the same movies as others? I'm confused.

It's a tie between Scorsese & Nolan... and a tie between The Departed & Inception.

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Inglourious Basterds by Quentin Tarantino! I've loved basically all of his films but for me IB takes the cake.

Impact

V.I.P.
Easy. Aronofsky's Requiem for a Dream. Although Snatch from Guy Ritchie is a pretty close tie.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
My favourite Director is Christopher Nolan so it will come as no surprise that I'll be re-choosing Memento. He does have a solid body of work though as well. His other highlights include Inception, The Dark Knight, The Prestige and Following.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
You can pick same films yeah - It's your favourite, your choice.

That's a cracker of a choice Imp. Aronofsky is so talented.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
David Fincher - Se7en

It has a dark beauty and I'm still disturbed by it. I could do away with some too graphic for my taste scenes but I don't think they were overdone for the gore but it was just what was needed to convey the point made.