• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies 30 Day Film Challenge - Day 5

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Today's challenge -

A film that reminds you of somewhere -

For whatever reasons, name a film that reminds you of a specific place. Not necessarily an event that happened there, but just a place in general.

For me -
Shane Meadows' Dead Man's Shoes. Mostly because I live very close to where it was made, and I've hence been to this place lots of times. Matlock, Derbyshire. It's a pretty cool film too, an amped up Midlands 'Get Carter' with lots of regional dialect.

Favourite Scene:
YouTube - Dead Man's Shoes

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Hmm... this took some thought.

YouTube - Bereavement (2011) - Official Trailer [HD]
While you are probably thinking, "WTF?". Lemme say this. This film was filmed in most parts around where I live in PA, and while it is only in limited release, whenever I hear the name, I think of my hometown!

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
This one was easy for me. Die Hard 2 makes me think of Alpena, MI, because the exterior shots were filmed there. In fact it took me a while to get it into my head that the film setting was elsewhere, because I knew it was being filmed there while the filming was happening.

YouTube - Die Hard 2 - Icicle

Bliss

Sally Twit
'Before Sunset' reminds me of Paris as the two main character's spend the day together there. I love the film and watching them walk together past lots of places I got to see when I was there make me miss it.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
The Blair Witch Project reminds me of a small coastal town in my state where I sometimes holiday because that's where I first watched it. I was rather scared when I first watched it so I remember it clearly.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Reign of Fire. It's a terrible movie but it reminds me of my mom's old house (and my first girlfriend). While we were watching it, the house literally caught on fire, something to do with the furnace. I thought it was funny.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Reign of Fire. It's a terrible movie but it reminds me of my mom's old house (and my first girlfriend). While we were watching it, the house literally caught on fire, something to do with the furnace. I thought it was funny.
Even your house said No to that horrendous flick :lol:

This one was tricky but I decided to go with Fight Club. It reminds me of University even though I originally saw it before. My Uni house mates and I must have watched it at least 100 times over 3 years :lol: