• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies 30 Day Film Challenge - Day 26

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Day 26 (Wow... This is almost through with) --

The First Film You Bought (DVD/VHS/BluRay Whatever):

I will have to seriously think about this.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Hmm, I can't remember the first VHS ever. But the first DVD I got was Along Came a Spider. It was something I've already watched (theatres and vhs) and I really liked it so I wanted to start my DVD collection with a sure thing. Most older movies then were not yet available for DVD and the newer ones were too expensive. :)

Konshentz

Konshentz
The original Scream was the first movie I ever bought with my own money. I was obsessed with it and just had to have it. Haha. I watched it over & over, and eventually bought it again on DVD.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Pocahontas. I didn't buy it myself, but I was at the store with my parents and put it into their cart as a little kid. Pretty sneaky. I was a big fan of that movie back in the day.

Impact

V.I.P.
I think the first movie I bought myself was Four Brothers. I had movies before that, but they been bought for me as gifts or whatever.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I think the first movie I bought myself was Four Brothers. I had movies before that, but they been bought for me as gifts or whatever.
Wasn't that really recent?

If you want to get technical, Toy Story 2 was the first one I got ON MY OWN.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
First film I ever bought? That's really hard to answer. I know that one of the first was The Matrix so lets go with that one.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
After a fair bit of mulling, I reckon it was this, although I technically didn't go to the counter, not being of age, but it was my own dosh - £4 or so I think - on VHS...

The Terminator

I don't know where the copy is now. Probably in some landfill site :(

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
After a fair bit of mulling, I reckon it was this, although I technically didn't go to the counter, not being of age, but it was my own dosh - £4 or so I think - on VHS...

The Terminator

I don't know where the copy is now. Probably in some landfill site :(
Good choice! I remember being too young to buy my copy myself too :lol: The one I got was VHS with 1 and 2 on it. Score.