• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies 30 Day Film Challenge - Day 18

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Today:

A film you believe to be overrated

Back soon.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
The Dark Knight

:lol: Ok, ok, before you fans get a heart attack, I'm just kidding.

My real pick is:

Rocky Horror Picture Show

I was made to feel I missed out a lot by not seeing it (and it being featured in Glee just reinforced it). So I watched the movie before watching the Glee special about this and meh. I guess it's one of those that appeal to a few but avid few making it appear bigger than it is.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Damn, Belle. That's one of my favourite films.

I am going with 'The Hangover'. I mean seriously, it wasn't even that funny. I have seen way funnier films than that. There was nothing special about it. We've all seen films where people get drunk and can't remember how they got where they were.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Okay. for overrated films, I think this takes the biscuit.

Kill Bill -
Basically, this is a good film. However, I find the amount of praise it gets to be undeserved. I've come across people that suggest it is 'amazing' - Which, to my mind is not so.
It's pretty formulaic as far as a film of this character goes, and there are moments i the series that are utterly ridiculous -
'random spanking thing' - the obvious 'how she gets out her coffin' bit.

I do like this film as a piece of entertainment, in general, but I am never overwhelmed. I consider Kill Bill overrated.

YouTube - Kill Bill Volume 1

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
300 - Everyone goes on about how amazing the action is but I just found it really boring and I hated most of the dialogue.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Pulp Fiction.

And before you poop your pants... I like it, I just don't think it's great. I have friends that rave about this being the greatest movie they've ever seen. It doesn't even make my top 50.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Hangover was just awesome, maybe it's just not your type of humor, and that's why you didn't like it.

Alt and Kons took my two picks. I was pumped to see 300 because I've heard so many good things about it, but in the end I came out disappointed. Some of the scenes were amazing, but most of the movie was long and boring. I guess I expected to much.

Pulp Fiction was just terrible, I don't understand how so many people can like the movie.