• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies 30 Day Film Challenge - Day 13

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
For today we have the following:

Worst Ending Sequence

What stands out?

For me:
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines - mostly on the basis that the annoying voice over suggests the story is far from over, hence hinting on further films being made - which will probably get progressively worse, and are probably irrelevant -- I generally disliked this film, although it was saved to an extent by some bold action sequences, the story paled in comparison to earlier installments, and the ending held no impact. Nothing particularly special. It was a let down.

YouTube - Terminator 3 Ending

Bliss

Sally Twit
The second Sex and the City Movie. I am a huge fan of the TV show and enjoyed the first Movie. The second Movie was good in parts but the ending was terrible.

Carrie kissed Aidan and Big got upset but then at the end he just gave her this big black diamond ring. Then they just laid down together and watched TV. It was such a shitty ending.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
For me:
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines - mostly on the basis that the annoying voice over suggests the story is far from over, hence hinting on further films being made - which will probably get progressively worse, and are probably irrelevant -- I generally disliked this film, although it was saved to an extent by some bold action sequences, the story paled in comparison to earlier installments, and the ending held no impact. Nothing particularly special. It was a let down.

YouTube - Terminator 3 Ending
C'mon. That wasn't THAT bad. I was impressed by it when I first saw it.

The Life of David Gale...
Stupidest twist ending ever.

YouTube - The Life of David Gale Ending
Although the ending makes perfect sense given its context, the execution was poop.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Hmm... Maybe not - It was a little off the bat, so to speak - There probably are many worse endings out there -

Although, I do stand by my original notion that the ending is pretty bad. It just doesn't sum anything up for me that's remotely revelatory or interesting. I also hate the sort of cop-out way it highlights there will be another film.

For instance, it's the same with Batman Begins - It's a cracking film, there's no denying that - Yet the surprise of the Joker's appearance in The Dark Knight was made redundant thanks to its ending. Blatantly making a statement that another film is in the pipeline. It actually removes the spectacle of bothering to engage with the film series - the entire upcoming sequence of events is made, to some extent, known. Whereas, I would have preferred to find out in a more impacting way.
E.G - The Joker's stark entrance in the film would have done nicely.

However, where Begins does it, it does so in a somewhat agreeable way - under the guise of detective work, which in the realms of the film at least makes sense.
Whereas in T3 the whole scene is supplied via voice over. Narrated in a voice that almost seems to cry for your attention. It's like a bloody trailer.
I mean, if you watch the film, the idea that
Judgement Day will arrive
is made pretty clear early on. The scenes portraying this event occur at the end of the film. The voice over is an unnecessary part of it - and that is what wrecks it.
Also, on considering how ludicrous the film was in places, the idea that another may arise was almost spine-chilling.

Konshentz

Konshentz
The Life of David Gale...
Stupidest twist ending ever.

YouTube - The Life of David Gale Ending
Although the ending makes perfect sense given its context, the execution was poop.
You suck.

And that twist ending is nowhere near as bad as the ending of The Village.

Which is my pick. That movie sucked from start to finish. And the ending drove home the fact that I had just wasted a couple hours of my life that I'd never get back. Haha.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Hmm for me it's gonna be Spider-man 3.

The most charismatic character dies (Harry)
Peter forgives his uncles killer whilst also being absolved of his guilt. Crucial guilt that's supposed to make the character who he is.
Sandman flies away to presumably commit more crimes.
Lame