• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies 30 Day Film Challenge - Day 11

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Today we have:

The Worst Opening Sequence

Leave a clip if possible. Will be back.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I would have gone with 'Meet The Spartans' but I already picked that for my worst film. That one made me cringe from start to finish.

I'm going to go with 'Cloverfield' because it was so slow to start. I know it was supposed to be footage of a camera that was found but the whole scene of Rob and Beth just filming each other just went on too long. I really liked the film but there was too much boring footage like the party.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I'm going to go with 'Cloverfield' because it was so slow to start. I know it was supposed to be footage of a camera that was found but the whole scene of Rob and Beth just filming each other just went on too long. I really liked the film but there was too much boring footage like the party.
I agree. I can't seem to find a clip, either, but you efficiently summarized it there. I just wanted some action!

Konshentz

Konshentz
Did I already use Resident Evil: Afterlife? I think so... I'm going with Resident Evil: Apocalypse. I hated everything about that movie, including the beginning.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Hmmm I cant think of any bad film beginnings. I'm bound to have seen them but I must just write the whole thing off in my mind. I may have to just think of a film that's bad from start to finish like...... Napoleon Dynamite (Yes I hate it, please don't bombard me with quotes).

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Manos: The Hands of Fate

They ran out of budget so the opening of the film is just someone driving around with a camera pointed out the window for 10 minutes.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Napoleon Dynamite (Yes I hate it, please don't bombard me with quotes).
Not to alarm you... but you have just poked the evil Blissmonster with a sharp stick! RUUUUN! :lol:

In all seriousness, I would've used that too had I not already used it for its terribly bad quotes.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Not to alarm you... but you have just poked the evil Blissmonster with a sharp stick! RUUUUN! :lol:

In all seriousness, I would've used that too had I not already used it for its terribly bad quotes.
Weired I thought you were one of the ones who liked it. I definitely blitzed through the earlier days to catch up too quickly.

Konshentz

Konshentz
All the people at my school who repeated the handful of funny lines over & over & over for like two years after the film came out really killed any enjoyment I could've had for this movie. Haha.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
All the people at my school who repeated the handful of funny lines over & over & over for like two years after the film came out really killed any enjoyment I could've had for this movie. Haha.
Do you mean to tell me that you DIDN'T vote for Pedro?