3 stone boy 'overweight'

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Pugz, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

This is the second article (i think it isn't the same one) that's caught my eye about this.

Health bosses blasted after branding 3 stone boy 'overweight' | Metro.co.uk

If he's over weight, i must be too :shifteyes:

Thoughts?

2. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

This dovetails perfectly with "stay away from my kid". The accepted government intrusion into private life is incredible and beyond belief. Yet some would suggest government must do this to protect children from their stupid parents. Which is worse, dumb parents or "society"'deciding how our children are to be raised?
    ------
    Receiving a "health authority letter"?! How Orwellian!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
    Rebeccaaa likes this.
  3. stevenfermi

stevenfermi Registered Member

I'm not sure that's overweight or not, but still... it's not the government's job to inform the parents. That's sorta creepy, actually.
    But who am I to say?
    I'm 6'1 and weigh about 132lbs. :eek:

4. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

3 stone is probably about average for kids their age (he's 5), i think so anyway.

5. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

No joke. The insane thing is we keep wanting more and accepting more of this kind of government intrusion crap.

6. stevenfermi

stevenfermi Registered Member

Well, in truth, it's a pretty far stretch to compare receiving notices on your child's weight to being monitored by telescreens.

7. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Obviously you're missing the much bigger picture.

8. EasySkanking

EasySkanking Registered Member

Well, basically... they cannot declare him overweight just from his height and weight. He might not have an ounce of fat on him... if he's an active and healthy child then he will probably have muscles and strong bones (i don't mean large muscles xD), they should work out his BMI.

And sending out letters like that to parents about their child is quite out of order... no wonder anorexia etc cases are increasing...the government are putting things about obesity everywhere.