#3 Penn State at #10 Ohio State

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Major, Oct 19, 2008.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Oct 25, 2008.
  1. Penn State

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ohio State

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Saturday, Oct 25 - 8:00 PM ET on ABC

Both teams are 4-0 in the Big Ten, so the winner of this one should go on to win the conference. At 8-0 Penn State has a national championship on the line. Ohio State still has an outside chance if they win out.

Penn State has been dominant all year. Their smallest margin of victory has been 14 points. They haven't faced a quality team on the road yet though.

Ohio State finally had a breakout game in a 45-7 win over Michigan State after looking sluggish in the first 7 games. Before this weekend I didn't think the Buckeyes would have much of a chance against Penn State, but if they play like they did yesterday they'll be pretty tough to beat. They'll have to be more aggressive with the playcalling and throw the ball more downfield to help open up the running game.

I'm not going to make a prediction for this one since I don't want to jinx my team, but I think it'll be a very close game.

2. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

If Ohio State plays like they did on Saturday, and Penn State plays like they did in the 2nd half of their game against Michigan, it is going to be a classic shoot-out in my opinion.

Should be a good game, and as you said, I'm not going to make a prediction because I do not want to jinx my team.

3. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I honestly can't be too upset with Ohio States loss. The defense played pretty decently against a really high-powered offense. Terelle Pryor played pretty decently against a strong defense. The main problem was we just couldn't get a running game going.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I agree. The offensive line was pretty terrible in run blocking. Mistakes were the difference in the game. Penn State had no turnovers and no penalties.