• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

3-hour Raw Discussion Thread: 06/13/11

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I thought I'd get the Raw thread going now, since it's a 3-hour "WWE All-Stars" edition. It will feature superstars from Raw and Smackdown, and I'd be surprised if there weren't a couple of legends in the mix.

Also, it's in Long Island, NY...it had better be a big week for Long Island Iced Z! WWWYKI!!!

Discuss the show and results here.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Should be an interesting show, and I have a feeling that Ryder is going to have his time to shine since it's a three hour show.

Austin will be on the show tomorrow I believe. I'm also hoping for a return from a wrestler we haven't seen in a real long time. I don't expect it to happen, but how huge would it be if Foley returned tomorrow night.

None the less, it should be a great show, and hopefully there's a few mark out moments.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Should be an interesting show, and I have a feeling that Ryder is going to have his time to shine since it's a three hour show.

Austin will be on the show tomorrow I believe. I'm also hoping for a return from a wrestler we haven't seen in a real long time. I don't expect it to happen, but how huge would it be if Foley returned tomorrow night.

None the less, it should be a great show, and hopefully there's a few mark out moments.
Yeah I really have high hopes for Ryder with his home-town...or the Major Broskis as a tag team. I'll mark out if something big happens, lol.

It'll be great to see Austin, I didn't realize he'd be on the show.

Yeah if Foley can make it tomorrow it would be just huge beyond words...It would be nice for an anonymous GM reveal with that long of a show, no matter who it is.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I really have high hopes for Ryder with his home-town...or the Major Broskis as a tag team. I'll mark out if something big happens, lol.

It'll be great to see Austin, I didn't realize he'd be on the show.

Yeah if Foley can make it tomorrow it would be just huge beyond words...It would be nice for an anonymous GM reveal with that long of a show, no matter who it is.
Did you forget after RAW week when the GM made him the GM for the night? First you miss the Corre breakup and now this :D

I wonder why the GM hates Austin. Must be someone from his past who is in charge.

Anyway, I like three hour shows. Hopefully its nice buildup to the PPV.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really hope to see a Austin/Punk confrontation. They go back and forth on Twitter quite often, I'd like for them to finally have a segment with each other. I think it could be awesome. If it does happen though, I wouldn't want Austin to bury Punk. I wouldn't mind if he gave a stunner to every member of The New Nexus but Punk escapes it.

Please make it happen tonight WWE, fans are waiting for it to happen.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Did you forget after RAW week when the GM made him the GM for the night? First you miss the Corre breakup and now this :D

I wonder why the GM hates Austin. Must be someone from his past who is in charge.

Anyway, I like three hour shows. Hopefully its nice buildup to the PPV.
Hahaha I don't know how my memory does things like this to me. I knew about it, forgot about it while posting in this thread, but knew it this morning. I was reading your first post and thinking "of course I know about that, what is he talking about?" lol :lol:

I really hope to see a Austin/Punk confrontation. They go back and forth on Twitter quite often, I'd like for them to finally have a segment with each other. I think it could be awesome. If it does happen though, I wouldn't want Austin to bury Punk. I wouldn't mind if he gave a stunner to every member of The New Nexus but Punk escapes it.

Please make it happen tonight WWE, fans are waiting for it to happen.
I'd like it if Austin/Nexus had a confrontation because it would give them prominence, but somehow I doubt it would happen...don't ask me why, because Punk needs it and it would make perfect sense. I think an Austin/Truth confrontation would be a ton of fun...last week we had a lot of people in the ring, I want to see just Truth and Austin!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I much rather seen Punk/Austin then Austin/Truth. If we have Austin/Truth one-on-one in the ring, all you'll get his WHAT? At first it might be funny, but it would get a bit annoying after two minutes of it. I think Punk is much better at controlling the crowd of if the WHAT chant did get started he could work it to his advantage and turn it around on the fans somehow...he's that great on the stick.

Also, another reason why I would love a segment between these two is because they're the total opposite so it would be so easy for them to work together.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Punk tweeted this the other day...

"Why does something tell me that even though @WWE will have @steveaustinBSR and @CMPunk under the same roof tomorrow, they'll fuck it up."
Two things on that...that's a huge slam on the WWE by Punk and doesn't give much promise about his future there.

And second, they should have an interaction because the Millz says so!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
That's really intriguing to see; like BR said before, a lot of fans would love to see those two in the ring. I can picture Punk in there now saying "DTA? More like DUI!" But then again, his character doesn't really push Straight Edge like it did back in the days of the Charismatic Enabler. They could always shift it back for a night, but that would have to mean Punk would be changing direction somewhat.

Yeah that tweet seems to show a lot of frustration with the WWE, though. It worries me a lot, but as I usually say with wrestlers in both companies: as long as I can see him wrestling in one of the big two, I'm happy.
------
Also, I found out that I'll be hanging out with my brother and a friend of mine tonight until around 9. I guess I'll be watching it online later! 3 hours is a lot of YouTube, lol.

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I don't have time to write my own thoughts because I'm going out in a few, but here are some interesting tidbits from JR's blog today about Raw...the full blog can be found at:

Tuesday Ramblings..RAW Thoughts...UFC..Strikeforce..'Death Clutch'..Store Still TEMPORARILY Closed. | J.R.'s Family Bar-B-Q

The aforementioned tidbits:

Watching Monday Night Raw from Norman brought back lots of memories of the Nassau Coliseum. Great arena with lots of WWE heritage plus when I lived in Connecticut it was a Raw that did not necessitate an airplane ride.

Long Island is a beautiful part of the northeast and I wish I had spent some time out there while I was stationed in the Nutmeg State.
Both former WWE alums Mick Foley and Taz call that part of the world home.

Raw thoughts:

@steveaustinBSR and @R_Roddy_Piper were the two highlights for this old schooler on Monday's Raw. They both know how to fully command an audience and still have 'it.'

Austin can be so intense that it bleeds through the TV screen. His Clint Eastwood-esque delivered line to CM Punk...."punk" was golden. @CMPunk and Austin have excellent on screen chemistry and back in the day they would have had a helluva run. Nothing but money.

R Truth' s professional career has never been more elevated. He fits the role that he's in well and it would not shock me to see, by hook or crook, R Truth upset @JohnCena this Sunday on PPV to win the WWE Title. Long shot? Perhaps....but stranger things have occurred on a WWE PPV and no one can argue that a Truth title win wouldn't 're-shuffle the deck.'

@MikeTheMiz is so easy to dislike which is a marketable necessity for any villain. Guys that can talk as well as Miz, who I Tweeted reminded me of a male Kardashian, are essentially Teflon coated. Essentially no matter what occurs in the ring, more often than not, they are right back to where they need to be when provided the opportunity to speak.

Austin's mic work with Miz, Vickie Guerrero, and CM Punk were three of the most memorable moments of the three hour Raw.

BTW Vickie is looking great and her change in diet and exercise are working for her.

Thought Booker T had his best nite to date at the announce table with King and Cole. Way to go Book! Announcing live TV for WWE isn't an easy job especially when one is 'green' in that area and have had little or no formal training or ample practice.
One of my pet peeves over the years is showing a wrestler "Running to the ring" as many grapplers have had knee issues, etc and don't run well. I was pleasantly surprised to see how well the Big Show moved when he ran to the ring Monday night. The big guy is dropping pounds and let's not forget that he was a former collegiate basketball player where running is a big part of the game.

We received a ton of Tweets @JRsBBQ and emails to this site about Long Island's Zach Ryder not being on Monday Night Raw from his 'home town.' Not exactly sure what it was that some thought I could do about it but they vented nonetheless. Lighten Up, Francis.
Interesting to note at the end there that the fans were lighting up JR's twitter and site about Zack Ryder!

Please note, as mentioned, there's more to that blog if you follow the link...including a story about Kevin Nash, some UFC thoughts, & thoughts on Alicia Fox.