• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

3,000,000 still using AOL dial-up.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Doesn't surprise me, there are many people like me that their telephone service sucks so bad dial up is all they can get. I recently dumped my dial up service it was so bad and went with satellite. Not as good as broad band but it beats the heck out of dial up. As least now I can watch a video before it would take an hour to download a one minute video.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I mean for me that is insane but I know, like Highlander said, there are people out there who that is all they can do.

But man, I hated dial up. Gross.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Poor bastards. I couldn't imagine still being on dial-up. I had AOL for years and while I didn't mind it at the time, once I switched I was 110% happier and 150% less frustrated.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
How many of those 3,000,000 are senior citizens?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
How many of those 3,000,000 are senior citizens?
I doubt that very many are senior citizens. My best guess is that most of them are rural customers that don't have access to broadband. It could also be businesses that need dial-up internet for their registers and credit card machines.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I think the new General Forum update would be heaven sent for those on dial up! I couldn't imagine being on 56K again, my god!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm actually really surprised that dial-up is still that widely used. You would think that even rural areas would have access to better internet. I can't even imagine going back to 56k. Pretty sure it's a lot faster using 3G on my phone.

Misdoubt

Registered Member
Hahaha wow that pricing and everything, that is truly glorious. All the gimmicks you get along with it are pretty funny too, that is what really gets me.