2nd Chance Offer Help

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by Julie, May 20, 2005.

1. Julie

Julie Registered Member

Has anyone ever had to send a 2nd chance offer? I just had my auction for a 3 piece dresser set end & the winnning buyer fell thru. I need to send a 2nd chance offer cuz this furniture is taking up our carport & we need to get it out of here. What I am wondering is:

Can I send out the 2nd chance offer to more than one bidder & sell to whoever takes it first? How does this work? HELP :eek:hno:

2. iggyshotthebear

iggyshotthebear Registered Member

I'm pretty sure you are supposed to send it to the next highest bidder and wait until that bidder says yes or no.

The only time I have ever had to send a second chance offer, I had multiples of the item so I did go ahead and send the offers to several of my bidders. My f/b wasnt high enough to hold a dutch auction...

Last edited: May 20, 2005
  3. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

Tonyspoker

Yes you can do a 2nd chance offer .But if you only have the one set then just send one offer to the next high biddder.

4. Julie

Julie Registered Member

Okay, one more question: What is the best time frame? 1, 3, 5, or 7 days?

I was wanting to just send it to the 3 highest bidders for 5 or 7 days & whoever took it first I would just cancel the others, but I'm not sure if I can do that.

My other thought was going with the 1 day & starting with the highest bidder & going down the line. But then I wonder if 1 day is enough time for the person to decide? Or if maybe I should do 3 days?

5. doubles2004

Go with the 1 day .With the next high bidder if they really wanted it they will buy it .If not then go to the next bidder

6. iggyshotthebear

First of all, how many days has it been since the original auctions close?
    How many days do you give them to remit payment in the first place?

7. Julie

Julie Registered Member

Here is the one I'm talking about:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4381228673

The person who won I had a bad feeling about from the beginning anyway. She emailed me during the auction asking to come look at it. No problem, I gave her my phone & address. She called a couple times & emailed a couple more times, but never did make it over here to look at it. Her last one to me during the auction was that she was going to go ahead & bid on it. It ended Tues with her as the winner. First she was gonna pick it up Wed, then Thur, then Fri. Well she actually shows up today & leaves her hubby sitting in the van while she comes up to look at it.
    I remember looking this one over after we put it on to make sure you can see the drawer on the right of the big dresser is painted white & that it is also mehtioned in the description. Well...she looks at it & uses the excuse that "her hubby thought it was white" :hmph: (it's off-white/cream). I think it was the drawer cuz she seemed a little surprised. So she offers to pay our fees if we will offer it to the next person. I was furious - this woman lives within 5 minutes of me, I had told her it was in my carport, she could have come by at any time to look at it even if we weren't home. I defended back that the picture of the drawer was in the picture & the description, but when she asked if she could just pay the fees my hubby told her "fine" - GRRR! :tough:
    WELL...the next bidder emailed me a couple hours ago & I called her.
    Good News! :D She wants the set! She is well aware of the drawer, knew exactly what I was talking about when I told her about it. She & her hubby are supposed to be calling me tomorrow & coming to get it! YEAH! :)
    Sooo...keep your fingers crossed for me on this one!

8. iggyshotthebear

What a steal in the first place! Handles are not expensive to buy for furniture... SHEESH... Glad that the second chance person wants it! :D

9. Julie

Julie Registered Member

Oh those 2 drawers - the handles are inside. All the buyer needs to do is put screws in! And the 2nd chance lady was THRILLED when I talked to her. Just hope it goes this well tomorrow!

10. doubles2004

Wow at that price it was a steal im glad you got it sold