• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

25 straight losses

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm in agreement, I knew they would struggle but I didn't believe it would be this bad. That said, it's kind of good that they're losing all these games, and even though Byron Scott won't admit it, I think they're tanking so they can get the number one pick. There are no "LeBron's" in this years draft, but there will be a lot of talented players that could very well help change things around.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm in agreement, I knew they would struggle but I didn't believe it would be this bad. That said, it's kind of good that they're losing all these games, and even though Byron Scott won't admit it, I think they're tanking so they can get the number one pick. There are no "LeBron's" in this years draft, but there will be a lot of talented players that could very well help change things around.
It is bad to think that way but if I was a fan of the Cavs that would certainly be my mind set. Just lose and get the first pick, why the hell not?

It's good the NBA has the lottery though so this somewhat prevents teams from tanking. But still, I'm with ya.

Bosox04

Registered Member
The argument can seriously be made that never, in the history of the NBA, has one person had such an effect on a single team. It's not as if they lost 3 starters in the offseason (although it could be argued the LBJ equals 3 guys).

The thing that's insane---the Cavs started out at 7-9. They're current record is 8-44. That's how bad this team is.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Cavaliers have lost a lot of players due to injuries this season, which is another reason why the Cavaliers are playing so bad. LeBron should win the MVP this season, the win/loss record of the Cavaliers shows how valuable he really was(it's a joke).

It went all downhill after LeBron made his first appearance in Cleveland since signing with the Heat. The Heat started off slow, then they played the Cavaliers and haven't looked back since. Cleveland started up pretty slow, but good enough considering they lost LeBron, and have been going downhill ever since that game was played.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't think they're as bad as this streak would indicate. There have been worse teams in the NBA before. I think once you get on a streak like this though, you just lose all your confidence and start expecting to lose. When you expect to lose, you're not going to win many games.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I agree with Echoes, the Cavs aren't as bad as this streak indicates. They've lost their confidence and seem to be pushing now, trying to force a win. I don't think this is just as simple as saying the streak is because Lebron is now a Heat.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
25 games in a row though? That's just rediculous, I mean we thought the Knicks were bad. That is so crazy, seriously. 25 games? How do you play through that?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with Echoes, the Cavs aren't as bad as this streak indicates. They've lost their confidence and seem to be pushing now, trying to force a win. I don't think this is just as simple as saying the streak is because Lebron is now a Heat.
I sort of agree with you, like I mentioned above they lost a lot of their stars due to injuries. With that said, if LeBron never left then they would be one of the top teams in the Eastern Conference right now.

Here is the Win/Loss record of the Cavaliers since LeBron got drafted:

03-04: 35-47
04-05: 40-42
05-06: 50-32
06-07: 50-32
07-08: 45-37
08-09: 66-16
09-10: 61-21

In 07-08 he started 74 games, if he averaged his normal 79-80 games I'm sure their record would of been better.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I sort of agree with you, like I mentioned above they lost a lot of their stars due to injuries. With that said, if LeBron never left then they would be one of the top teams in the Eastern Conference right now.

Here is the Win/Loss record of the Cavaliers since LeBron got drafted:

03-04: 35-47
04-05: 40-42
05-06: 50-32
06-07: 50-32
07-08: 45-37
08-09: 66-16
09-10: 61-21

In 07-08 he started 74 games, if he averaged his normal 79-80 games I'm sure their record would of been better.
Oh I agree with you, him not being there makes a world of difference. I just don't agree with just because he's gone they are so bad they've lost 25 games in a row. I still think they're fairly good without him, I just think the psyche of the team is at an all time low.