TV 24: Season 8, Episodes 23 & 24(Series Finale)

Well it's come down to this: I'm starting this thread early to get a head start on probably the biggest series finale I've seen in a long time since Prison Break.

BAH! I just remembered that the Conan O'Brien tour show I have tickets for is on Monday! Look's like I won't be able to watch the finale live. Damn my two loves happening at the same time!

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Two-timer woes. :lol:

I really hope they'll make a great season finale.

Any other news about what they're going to do with Bauer next? Movie? New channel?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Bauer catches Bin Laden. :lol:

Damn, I just remembered I have an appointment tomorrow morning (which is usually the time I watch 24 here coz of "delay in transmission" ). I feel like I have to avoid my social networks (aka fb) for fear of spoilers on people's statuses about this.

*NOTE* FROM HERE DOWN, SPOILERS CAN AND WILL HAPPEN!

So my room mate downloaded the final two episodes. Some major shit went down, and it's hard to sum everything up, so I'll just stick to the end points.

It's good to see President Taylor build some character back by deciding to come out about the cover up, especially after she tried to strong arm Dali Hassan into signing the treaty after she found out.

Logan got some just desserts, though I would have preferred to see Jack do it, rather than it be him trying to kill himself (and he's too big a failure to do that right!).

Jack escaped certain death thanks to Chloe, Cole, and Arlow finding the guys about to kill him and letting President Taylor know. President Taylor basically apologizing over and over again was pretty powerful. Jack's final words to Chloe were really heartwarming, and it ended on a good note in my opinion.

It definitely set up for a movie. Taylor basically told Jack that he should get out of the country while he still can since both America and Russia would be coming for him. They could easily make a movie of him in a different country when he gets tracked down and has to try to get away. Pretty generic plot, but with the good cast of 24 characters I'd still be pumped for it.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
*NOTE* FROM HERE DOWN, SPOILERS CAN AND WILL HAPPEN!

So my room mate downloaded the final two episodes. Some major shit went down, and it's hard to sum everything up, so I'll just stick to the end points.

It's good to see President Taylor build some character back by deciding to come out about the cover up, especially after she tried to strong arm Dali Hassan into signing the treaty after she found out.
Yeah, she basically transformed into a witch when she threatened Hassan. I wonder why Logan entrusted the recording to Taylor though. He probably thought he had fully converted her and she's not going to change her mind about the whole thing. He was even celebrating even before the signing, ha.

Logan got some just desserts, though I would have preferred to see Jack do it, rather than it be him trying to kill himself (and he's too big a failure to do that right!).
Yeah, I'd preferred Jack got him but if he did shoot Logan from the window, I don't know how they'd have ended the season/series. It'll be total chaos and would seem like Taylor just gave up coz she had no choice, she knew Jack is after them. At least in this version, it's like she could still redeem her character (even if delayed).

Jack escaped certain death thanks to Chloe, Cole, and Arlow finding the guys about to kill him and letting President Taylor know. President Taylor basically apologizing over and over again was pretty powerful. Jack's final words to Chloe were really heartwarming, and it ended on a good note in my opinion.
I was just bummed about two things. If I were the bad guys, I'd have shot Bauer right then during the ambush. I don't understand why they didn't. And when they did deliver him to the ambush site, it took him too look to shoot Bauer. Reminds me of this whole useless "I'm gonna kill you speech" usually means something wrong is going to happen and the killing won't push through. Just a lame stall there. The other thing is the search on Chloe. The first thing I thought of was for the dude to check her mobile phone. I mean, we're looking for a data card. He didn't check it and when I saw Chloe recover it from there, I'm like "geez, even I thought of checking that, why not the other agent?"

Other than that, I like the apology and the last conversation between Chloe and Bryan. It was very emotional and when I saw it I wasn't only thinking of it being sad coz Bauer is saying bye to Chloé but I also know that this is the scene where Bauer says goodbye to us. :(

I'm gonna miss looking forward to 24 next season. Oh and the countdown to 0 at the end was a nice touch too.

OMG Chloe shot Jack!!! OMG!!!!!!1

I know he kinda forced her to do it and he still didn't die but that was my initial reaction when I saw. I did, however like how Jack had a sniper rifle aimed at Palpatine (I mean Logan) and then kinda flashed a smile like he was about to blow his head off in the first episode.

And I really hated Taylor's character now once she practically blackmailed Dalia into signing the peace treaty. She's gone from a likable character to borderline corrupt to thoroughly corrupt to back to being likable since she came to her senses.