TV 24: Season 8, Episode 9 (12:00-1:00am)

Since Ysabel is slacking on her duties (joking of course) I decided to make the thread for this weeks episode.

It sucks for Renee that they are trying to make her take the fall for this crap. The President's aide that made Hastings do it (can't remember his name) is turning into a real dick. I can't wait for shit to crumble down on him.

Well so much for Josef or however you spell it. It sucks cause I really liked his character. He was one of the more believable characters in a long time in my opinion.

I do kind of like the twist with Farhad not wanting to go on with the attack. It lines up more with his character I think. I have a feeling he'll probably get fatally wounded before CTU can get to him though.

On the plus side the whole Jenny story is (at least partially) resolved now. My room mate and I were hoping it would be a big massacre since I hate the Jenny character and he hates Freddy Prinze Jr. We can just hope that this will take alot of emphasis off her.

Finally, looks like Jack is officially back now. Him coming to Renee's defense like that and his reaction to Hastings was great.

I'm going to say that this season is really damn good so far (save for all the Jenny crap). I'm liking the slower pace (at this point last season I think we were already on the third or fourth different threat and what seemed like the fifth or so different main villain) and the characters seem more believable so far. Of course all this could change in remaining episodes, but so far it's really promising.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Haha, ok I just read the first line of this. Sorry, I haven't dl'd it yet today. :rofl: Feel free though, next time, to create a thread (whoever among us sees it first or have the time to do so, ha).

If there's one thing I learned last night it's that telling Jack Bauer "no" or to leave some place never works out because in the end he's the one who saves the day, as Hastings learned when he kicked him out and then agreed to help him.

Also, it was about fucking time something happened to Kevin and his creepy friend. I just didn't think it'd be Ortiz popping him with a shotgun.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I am also hoping with less to do with Jenny as well...although how they're going to cover all this up, I don't really know...so I forsee even more with this story, with them trying to cover it up and keep what happened buried.

I can kind of see both sides with the Renee thing...I mean, if someone had just fucked up your entire operation and nuclear material was on the loose...you'd be pretty pissed too. What Renee did could kill a lot of innocent people.

However, I can easily see that she just wasn't stable enough to go ahead with that operation. She said that she was, Jack said that she wasn't...so what was CTU supposed to do? The dude is stuck between a rock and a hard place. You can sympathize with what Renee went through but still...it's not CTU's fault either, and they're getting a lot of heat from the White House. What can you say? Shit happens...and politicians have to blame someone for it.

And yeah, I'm disappointed about Josef. I was hoping to see him the rest of the season.

And the change of heart by Farhad didn't surprise me one bit. I knew as soon as he said something about the phone call that he was just trying to escape. I hope he makes it, but he probably won't.

AnitaKnapp said:
However, I can easily see that she just wasn't stable enough to go ahead with that operation. She said that she was, Jack said that she wasn't...so what was CTU supposed to do? The dude is stuck between a rock and a hard place. You can sympathize with what Renee went through but still...it's not CTU's fault either, and they're getting a lot of heat from the White House. What can you say? Shit happens...and politicians have to blame someone for it.
Why not just blame CTU altogether? They brought in Renee, Jack told them she wasn't mentally fit for the operation, they didn't listen and as it turned out she wasn't fit, period. She tried to kill herself on several occasions according to the story so that should've been a red flag right there.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Why not just blame CTU altogether? They brought in Renee, Jack told them she wasn't mentally fit for the operation, they didn't listen and as it turned out she wasn't fit, period. She tried to kill herself on several occasions according to the story so that should've been a red flag right there.
Yeah, it should have been...but they were desperate.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Just caught up with all of the episodes:

- Agree with the poster above on the ending of Josef's character. I thought him and his father were great characters (great acting) and I was hoping they would be very involved as they day progressed. Now we just get to watch some more Fakistan terrorists trying to blow up NYC.

- Do you think that the producers could just cut out Jenny's scenes? I don't need an explanation, just get them out of there. I haven't been this done with a 24 storyline since Kim and the cougar.

- I actually hope Hastings stays around for the season. I like his assertiveness as a character, he doesn't seem to have an enormous backbone for the job but he treats Jack with a good amount of respect (for all Jack has thrown him through today). I can't find him at fault for anything going on right now.

- Has CTU ever been this inept? Their chief CPU analyst is always gone and Arlo is 100 sexual harrassment complaints waiting to happen. And a 14-year old kid is second-in-command for tactical?

- President Taylor and her storyline is boring me. Her new chief-of-staff sucks, I wish they weren't writing Ethan out, he was my favorite character in the White House.

Really, I am not liking to much where things are going but I am sure over the next few weeks, things will heat up and get more interesting.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Oh well, that wouldn't be unusual. There's no president that I like more than David Palmer. I loved Michelle and Tony. I absolutely hated last season and what they did to Tony's character. I'm not quite as excited to watch 24 as I used to be because of that, actually.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
And the change of heart by Farhad didn't surprise me one bit. I knew as soon as he said something about the phone call that he was just trying to escape. I hope he makes it, but he probably won't.
Yeah, soon as he started acting like he'd cooperate and he has a "contact", it didn't match his previous stance about being against the operation.

If there's one thing I learned last night it's that telling Jack Bauer "no" or to leave some place never works out because in the end he's the one who saves the day, as Hastings learned when he kicked him out and then agreed to help him.

Also, it was about fucking time something happened to Kevin and his creepy friend. I just didn't think it'd be Ortiz popping him with a shotgun.
I loved how Jack just barged into the interrogation room to rescue Renee. The guard didn't have time to complain, haha.

Oh well, that wouldn't be unusual. There's no president that I like more than David Palmer. I loved Michelle and Tony. I absolutely hated last season and what they did to Tony's character. I'm not quite as excited to watch 24 as I used to be because of that, actually.
I wonder where Tony is or whether they'd say something about what happened to that "secret" organisation that has been the reason behind many problems of the CTU before. Like...did the dude get immunity or were they able to persecute him?