TV 24: Day 8 Premiere on Sunday

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who else is excited for the 2 day 4 hour premiere of 24: Day 8 on Fox starting tomorrow night? I am. I just finished watching season 7 last night and season 8 will be the first one I watch week to week.

I've seen them all in order and am looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Please put any season 8 plot spoilers that you have heard in spoiler tags.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I started watching season one last week and I am hooked. I'm up to episode 21 now so I'm a long way behind. I won't be watching any new ones obviously until I'm caught up on all the other seasons. It'll take me a long time but I really enjoy it.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, watch them in order and avoid threads in this forum. There are some great (and some not so great) surprises in the show and it's best to not have them spoiled for you.

Come back when you are caught up and I'm sure there will be plenty of people here ready to talk about all the seasons. :)

You should definitely stay out of this section of GF though until you do. :lol:

I can't wait for the new season. I've got the ring tone on my phone set as the CTU ringtone in preparation. I really want to see how this season will start off since last season ended with a bunch of cliff hangers.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I have that ringtone too. I have had it for almost 6 months now and I have no plans of changing it anytime soon.

I just hope CTU is back for Season 8. I missed that ring in Season 7. :lol:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Haha! My friend stopped watching after Season 5... didn't have time. Now he's marathoned seasons 6-7 (still at first few episodes of season 7). I think he'll be good in time for the premier of 8.

We were just talking about missing CTU and their ring tone too for the 7th season.

Well they definitely didn't take any time getting into the heart of the matter.

Glad to see that CTU is back, even if it isn't the same one that we all know and love. I wonder how long it will be before Chloe finds some quicker shortcuts in the new system.

And you gotta feel bad for Jack. He was so damn close to getting out and now he's right back in. At least he has Kim's graces.

And I'll also say that I agreed with Chloe when she was curious as to why it was so easy. Glad to see they didn't make it that simple.

I'm eager to see how this continues tomorrow. Even though I try not to watch the previews for the next episode, I couldn't help but catch a glimpse of
Renee from last season
in there. I wonder what effect that will have on the plot.

As much as we all like Jack...

I couldn't help but feel bad for Chloe at some times, she's ignored by the new CTU boss and almost got completely snubbed by Jack, only for him to come back. That's okay, Hastings will learn that Chloe has been in the game longer than he has.

And why are the bad guys always either Russian and Arabic?

Well day two of the premier kicked things into high gear.

You would think that people would have learned by now to take Jack seriously. Once again he figures things out just in time.

And once again the plot comes back to nuclear weaponry. Oh well. It works as good as anything really.

Also, we know know that Renee Walker isn't with the FBI because she apparently almost killed the suspect during an interrogation after season 7. And damn, she really has gotten extreme. I want to see how she is going to spin this whole "cutting off a source's thumb" thing into a useful lead.

At that point I was starting to hate Hastings for being such a blowhard on Chloe for threatening to fire her, then came the episode after where he started acting more level-headed. What good can come of firing someone who's been around a CTU longer than you?

Am I the only one who thinks the two cops who captured Jack and the one who beat him up kinda make NYPD look bad in real life? I mean I know what it looked like from their perspective but shit....

Great to see Hassan not get killed and the other guy practically throw himself in the way, and the actual assassin gets pwned by Jack.

Oh yeah, two things that made me feel weird. First was that Russian dude in the bar showing Farhad his son who was "mishandling" the nuclear rods and two, Renee kinda being pissy and cutting the guys arm or hand or whatever off.