• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies 23 days 'til Christmas

Bliss

Sally Twit
For those of you that don't know what this is about, please read the following thread:
http://www.generalforum.com/general-movie-talk/24-days-til-christmas-91598.html

I was hoping to get more interest over the next few days as I was the only one to review a film yesterday. :(

The film I'll be watching and reviewing tonight will be:

Scrooged (1988)
Stars:
Bill Murray, Karen Allen and John Forsythe
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Fantasy

A cynically selfish TV executive gets haunted by three spirits bearing lessons on Christmas Eve.
7/10
When the film started I wondered if I had the right one because it was so cheesy. But then someone turned up in Santa's workshop with a machine gun and I realised I was watching someone else watching a Movie lol.

I normally love Bill Murray in any film and always feel drawn in from the start. I was a little bit bored about fifteen minutes in but I stuck with it. And I am glad I did. When Lou arrived I was in stitches. He was so fucking gross lmao.

After Frank was told he was going to be visited by three spirits he suddenly became a lot funnier to me. His angry rants were brilliant and the way he screamed when he saw the eyeball in the glass made me laugh so much. The two men he were with had no fucking idea what was going on haha.

The scenes where The Ghost of Christmas Present and Frank were fighting were so good. She had such a squeaky voice but she was so violent.

This Movie is just a big ball of fun and I'd definitely watch it again.

Last edited:

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I'll do my best to watch some of them. I'm posting in this thread so it shows up in myGF lol, so keep posting the movies and whenever I have an evening where I'm not gonna drop into slumber as soon as I get home, I'll download n watch one.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I watched Snow last night, and it was pretty good. Gonna watch Snow 2 tonight. I watch these movies because that's the only way I can experience Christmas this year. lol

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I personally thought that Bill Murray was WAY out of his depth in this movie because it's not his type of a movie.