22 inch monitors

Reverend

Registered Member
I have been seeing a lot of 22 inch LCD monitors lately for very cheap. (Like around $300). Their native resolutions are 1680x1050. I have wanted a huge widescreen monitor for some time, and now that they're cheap, I'm considering it more carefully.

Anybody have one of these? How does it look? I hear that there are issues with viewing angle, but that probably doesn't matter to me all that much to me. Any other pitfalls?

Pete

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, I've had a 24 inch wide-screen for about a year and a half now. It was one of the best purchases I ever made. I get so much more done having everything on the screen at once, and it beats a multiple monitor setup hands down.

22 is almost as big and for $300 how can you go wrong? Of course keep in mind that it SUPPORTS high resolutions, but you'll need a decent video card to be able to use these without screen lag.

I suggest at least a 256MB video card which you can find now for around $99 almost anywhere.

Jag1

Registered Member
Jeez, why do you need such a big monitor? :O It just means more maintenance and accessories to go with it, imo. I'm just happy with my 19".

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
What accessories would you need? Seriously, there's no accessories that you need for any size monitor.

Personally, I don't think my eyes could take such a huge monitor. My 19" is already eye-straining enough. That's a great deal if you like such things, though.

Reverend

Registered Member
Well, I've had a 24 inch wide-screen for about a year and a half now. It was one of the best purchases I ever made. I get so much more done having everything on the screen at once, and it beats a multiple monitor setup hands down.
Yeah, I like lots of real estate on my screen, especially for development. It's nice to have all your tools available at once. You can have a running copy open while you have your development suite on screen at the same time. I have used multiple monitors for years just for that reason. I think the 22" may be in my near future :nod:

Pete

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
The urge for more space doesn't stop unfortunately. :(

I used dual, then got a 24", and now I wouldn't mind having 24" dual. :D

Either that or a 32" would work as well... ;)

Reverend

Registered Member
Yep, I actually went to the store yesterday and checked out the 22". Not sure that's big enough to replace the dual setup I have now... Gonna have to go bigger :rolleyes:

Pete

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
You know that wouldnt be to hard to do.

Mount a fixed widescreen on the wall behind your desk, and put the projector on the ceiling behind you...

In fact.. words can't describe how awesome that would be... I'll do it someday when I have $10k lying around that I don't need for anything else. :D